One Punch Can Change Your Life — And Hundreds Of Others

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's sobering. I am always telling my students: the human body is a fragile thing, people die simply by slipping and falling down, it happens. The best fight is the one that never happened.

Incidentally what does the author mean by a "king hit"?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So if I push you into traffic, I can only be charged for the push, and not the Mac Truck you forgot to try to avoid? Sweet!
Sean

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Incidentally what does the author mean by a "king hit"?
Pretty much what you would call a sucker punch. One big swing that you might not even see coming. Of course the main cause of death or injury is when the head strikes the ground.
:asian:

sopraisso

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So if I push you into traffic, I can only be charged for the push, and not the Mac Truck you forgot to try to avoid? Sweet!
Sean

I would say there are important differences. When you push someone into an intense traffic road or in front of a moving vehicle, it can be pretty obvious that your intention is indeed to kill the person, and the circumstances can pretty much convince a reasonable judge/jury about that, so you should be charged for manslaughter. In the other hand, when you punch someone to the face, the judge/jury would need to be convinced that that your intention was really to kill the person with one punch (very unlikely I believe), otherwise your charge should be for hurting someone and causing accidental death as a result, or something similar according to the country's specific law on the subject.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

Latest Discussions