One Of The Best Writers In The World

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who I consider one of the best writers in the world and who I draw inspiration from did not have a formal education and as a matter of fact, when it came to learning how to read and write much of that he did himself. Anyway, I did read his narrative and I must say it was amazing. I was wondering if its possible to learn martial arts with very limited instruction the same way this writer learned how to read and write with very limited instruction.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And that writer would be......

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It is possible to learn to fight without instruction. It's not possible to learn a martial art without instruction from someone who knows it.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
No because writing is fixed its on paper you can do it yourself. Martial arts you need a partner to practice with and someone to actually teach you the stuff

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who I consider one of the best writers in the world and who I draw inspiration from did not have a formal education and as a matter of fact, when it came to learning how to read and write much of that he did himself. Anyway, I did read his narrative and I must say it was amazing. I was wondering if its possible to learn martial arts with very limited instruction the same way this writer learned how to read and write with very limited instruction.

Did you teach yourself to read and write also?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hmm, cryptic reference to unnamed, yet purportedly highly skilled auto didactic who taught himself "skills" unrelated to physical activities in general, or martial arts in particular. Somehow, with your own personal knowledge, and all your interactions with various people here over the 5 years you have been on this site, you want to correlate someone learning unrelated skills to self teaching martial arts?

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
upload_2018-6-28_12-23-16.jpeg

somehow i knew what this thread was gonna be like,, but i had to look..i had to ,,,, i couldnt help myself,, i couldnt not look.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who I consider one of the best writers in the world and who I draw inspiration from did not have a formal education and as a matter of fact, when it came to learning how to read and write much of that he did himself

That is one of the most appallingly written sentences I have ever had the displeasure to read.
Yes, that criticism is relevant because it shows you don't actually know enough to judge who is 'the best writer in the world'. It also shows that you cannot seriously think teaching yourself martial arts is a good idea.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is one of the most appallingly written sentences I have ever had the displeasure to read.
Yes, that criticism is relevant because it shows you don't actually know enough to judge who is 'the best writer in the world'. It also shows that you cannot seriously think teaching yourself martial arts is a good idea.
Do I care?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes of course it is, it's not perhaps possible to learn a specific ma, but martial arts as an ability to fight to a good standard, yes, there countless millions who have done so

You can also take moves from films and or books and teach yourself how to do them

Latest Discussions