FMAT: Deadly Surprise: Folding Karambit Draw & Slash

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Deadly Surprise: Folding Karambit Draw & Slash
By scubamatt - Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:45:34 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Doing some research for myself, I came across this article at PoliceOne.com, about folding karambit knives. It shows one method for deploying a folding karambit knife directly into an attack move, and how police officers can defend against this surprise attack.

http://www.policeone.com/writers/col...ticles/134806/

I've never used a karambit (folding or not) but the technique shown is similar to my deployment of the folding knife I do carry, which has a thumb-assist stud and clips to the front pocket of my pants.

I thought this article might be helpful for those who use folding karambits in martial arts, and those officers who face people who might carry one for less altruistic purposes.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Interesting topic. As a police officer I am very aware of the Karmabit.. As I am an actual collector of the blade itself. In fact I carry two of them all the time.. even on duty. Its still a somewhat tool that many are uneducated about... I kinda like that as far as from a civilian standpoint. For a law enforcement tool.. Its very effective.. I carry a "trainer" model and a "live" blade model. I've actually used both... the trainer is a decent tool for joint locks, and submission tool...

i'd never trade it for another blade

Latest Discussions