One more piece of trash removed

OP
K

Kirk

The kidnapper was identified as 37-year-old Roy Ratliff, who had a long criminal history and was charged in October with raping a 19-year-old relative but was never apprehended.

Day late and a dollar short too .. if only they would've caught him
back then. Well at least they FINALLY took out the trash.

OP
F

fist of fury

Originally posted by Kirk

The kidnapper was identified as 37-year-old Roy Ratliff, who had a long criminal history and was charged in October with raping a 19-year-old relative but was never apprehended.

Day late and a dollar short too .. if only they would've caught him
back then. Well at least they FINALLY took out the trash.

Well they couldn't apprehend him him remember he's the victim and the one with rights. The true victims are the one's with no rights. I'm sure the report was buried under bureaucracy.

.....and justice for all(the rich):soapbox:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From a story on this, describing how he stole the car:
Authorities believe Ratliff stole a 1999 Saturn sedan from Roberta and James Young in Las Vegas last month. Roberta Young said the carjacker approached her at her home and put her in a headlock, but she resisted, screaming until her husband came to her aid. The man then pulled a gun, stole about $260 from the couple and drove off.

It amazes me how often someone has a weapon but doesn't pull it, at least early on in the encounter. If he had put that headlock on a skilled martial artist he might never have had a chance to draw the gun.

On the other hand, the martial artist might have only hurt him slightly and dropped him down to the ground, only to find he then draws the gun and uses it because now he's panicked.

OP
F

fist of fury

Originally posted by arnisador

From a story on this, describing how he stole the car:

It amazes me how often someone has a weapon but doesn't pull it, at least early on in the encounter. If he had put that headlock on a skilled martial artist he might never have had a chance to draw the gun.

On the other hand, the martial artist might have only hurt him slightly and dropped him down to the ground, only to find he then draws the gun and uses it because now he's panicked.

Which is why M.A'ist should train to defend themselves and not worry about any legal consequences. Too many criminals are armed nowadays to take any chances.I prefer to approach any fight with the thought in mind that this person is armed and dangerous. Hopefully I could diffuse the situation before it turns into a fight, but if not it's either me or him and I plan on walking away from a fight I'm not worried about my opponents well being.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Being in the military, I train primarily military personnel... Being a military paralegal working for the US Army Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG), I have had occasion to ask certain legal questions of the attorneys for whom I work...

I asked the Chief Defense Counsel at one of the installations I worked at what I should tell my military students in terms of the legal ramifications of self defense situations...

His reply?

"Save your ***. Worry about the trial later. If you are dead, it won't make much of a difference anyway..."

Robbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
In the words of Mr. Parker (I think)....

It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Rob
:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Our local emergency management director is having a meeting where he'll discuss kidnap prevention for kids. It's directed at parents I gather so they can speak to their kids.

OP
F

fissure

Aghh.... Robbo, you beat me to it!:EG:

Latest Discussions