Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not wishing to appear ignorant but John who? :idunno:

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Says Bruce.. "You have not savored the full subtlety of Bonanza until you've seen it dubbed into Cantonese. (Hoss: "Mou dung! Ying-dak ngo ma?" Villain: "Mou da! Mou da!" … etc., etc.)"

I think that is funny :)

Not sure I would agree with the view this person holds that Bruce.. "Though a martial-arts genius of the first order, he was no intellectual. His "philosophy" of fighting is a dull recycling of some commonplace clichés from Taoism and American self-help books.." I think we all have our influences and for me I think the fighting philosophy in JKD shows that Bruce Lee was far more than a sum of his influences. That is my opinion though :)

Interesting find :)

OP
K

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Says Bruce.. "You have not savored the full subtlety of Bonanza until you've seen it dubbed into Cantonese. (Hoss: "Mou dung! Ying-dak ngo ma?" Villain: "Mou da! Mou da!" … etc., etc.)"

I think that is funny :)

Not sure I would agree with the view this person holds that Bruce.. "Though a martial-arts genius of the first order, he was no intellectual. His "philosophy" of fighting is a dull recycling of some commonplace clichés from Taoism and American self-help books.." I think we all have our influences and for me I think the fighting philosophy in JKD shows that Bruce Lee was far more than a sum of his influences. That is my opinion though :)

Interesting find :)

Good or bad, everyone has their opinion of Bruce Lee. But one things is for sure, Bruce knew his stuff because he was a freaking maniac when it came to research. I don't think this guy even read any of his works, he may just skimmed some references, but if he had actually read the Tao of Jeet Kune Do, he would see that cliches did not exist in Bruce's world. Bruce was all about the real deal which got him into a lot of trouble since he spoke his mind.

Latest Discussions