Bruce Lee wasn't a God

Fungus

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As we are comparing Bruce Lee with God, this reflection appears...
I'm glad to see someone else who shares the same opinion. People get false impressions from his movies.
What false impressions does people get from "religious books" which are in principile similarly fictious as movies.

People says Bruce Lee didn't have any "real fights"?
Well doe we know for sure God or Jesus (replaced with equivalents of other religions) ever solved "real problems"? (I then mean, as opposed to in the "movies" ;)

But the fiction still has a symbolic and perhaps guiding value, in life or in our MA journey. In that functional perspective, the "truth" about the presumed symbols, really does not matter as much.

Last edited:

Fungus

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's like a holy grail, that is not supposed to ever be found, it's function is just to motivate the neverending search for it. So if the journey is more important than the goal, then the true nature of this holy grail possible doesn't matter.

It's like when you writethe symbol for inifty
1200px-Infinite.svg.png
this really just symbolises the "limite" of a sequence, it's the increasing sequence that is important - not the singularity! Ignoring this has caused alot of confusion in many fields, because people think the limit is "real", but it's not.

HighKick

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
And all those squares, they leave WAAY to much room to breath…. Literally

Note: apparently in China i can only respond with a ‘like’ but your post made me laugh out loud
The squares are for holding that yummy syrup!!!

Darren

Green Belt
Reaction score
My take on it is: he was good, the grand father of martial arts, made a hell of lot more money then I will ever see or think about, took care of his family very well, but in the end he sat on the toilet just like me, God don’t sit on no toilet!!!!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take on it is: he was good,
At what?
the grand father of martial arts,
Hardly!
made a hell of lot more money then I will ever see or think about,
Not that much. Most of his earnings were post mortem.
took care of his family very well,
Is philandering is being respectful to one’s spouse?
but in the end he sat on the toilet just like me,
You’re thinking of Elvis 😉
God don’t sit on no toilet!!!!
The gods do sit on toilets?