One Billion Isnt Enough......

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
to make the Forbes 400 list. Came across this article today. Looks like you have to make at least 1.3 billion before you're considered. I can't even imagine having that much cash. Well, then again, imagine all the fun you could have!!!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it has to be your net worth minimum, so that could include capital assets. For us, we are asset heavy and cash light, so being worth a certain amount doesn't feel like it's worth much if you can't spend it.

Then again, if you can't spend it your capital will dwindle only according to depreciation and market value, not your own doing.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
to make the Forbes 400 list. Came across this article today. Looks like you have to make at least 1.3 billion before you're considered. I can't even imagine having that much cash. Well, then again, imagine all the fun you could have!!!

From what I heard it's not as fun as we po'-folk imagine it is. 90-sumpthin % of (big jackpot) lottery winners are broke by their 5th year because they couldn't handle the sudden change in lifestyle their winnings could afford. It was fun... but it didn't last. Where-as those who are in it and consistently make that much money on an annual basis have learned the trick of spending a little saving a lot.
We hear about "huge donations" to charity by Gates and other gazillionaires but think about it... take the amount they donated and compare it to their net and it's like one of you giving me five bucks. No great loss.
It was rumored that Gates is so wealthy that if he were walking down the sidewalk and spotted a $500.00 bill on the ground it wouldn't be worth his time to stop and bend over to pick it up. Ridiculous how much money some people have.
Now Forbes has upped their ante just to get on their list? :rolleyes: Kinda makes ya think don't it?

shesulsa said:
I think it has to be your net worth minimum, so that could include capital assets. For us, we are asset heavy and cash light, so being worth a certain amount doesn't feel like it's worth much if you can't spend it.

Then again, if you can't spend it your capital will dwindle only according to depreciation and market value, not your own doing.
Heh, in a word... liquidate! :uhyeah:

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
1.3 Billion to make their list huh? Man I came so close too, maybe next year.:roflmao:

Man what I could do with that kind of loot. I would have to adjust my lifestyle a little. I could go from being a broke putz, to being a rich putz driving a really nice truck.

Latest Discussions