On Matt Damon...by Andrew Klavan...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sour grapes...not really. I never hold people making a living against them...just their stupid political views that they use to affect other people trying to make a living. I don't even have a problem with that liberal nut Sean Penn. I think his views are stupid but I like the fact that he makes a good living...I hate seeing people who have to struggle in life and enjoy seeing people prosper and take care of their families.

I am not jealous of rich people, not even liberal ones...that should be apparent by now in my posts. My problem is when they fight and campaign for higher taxes or more problems for other people trying to make a living...and then dodge the very things they are trying to impose on other people.

Matt Damon promotes public school teacher unions, and the public school system,...and then sends his kids to private school....that is what makes Damon a jerk...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In a free market, damon is getting paid what he's worth.

I support that whole heartedly...It is up to the company making the movie to figure out if he is worth his salary...considering how many flops he has been in lately, but that is between him and his employer...

Thus the Noltenator:

For those wondering how Matt Damon (or anyone) could take away the title of “King of the Left-wing Flops” from George Clooney, just look at the numbers below. Matt Damon is 4-for-4 — four left wing flops in just four years. Not for lack of trying, Clooney has never achieved that. Clooney also mitigates the damage he does with mid-level budget films. Damon, on the other hand, likes his flaming balls of left-wing fail to be as spectacularly expensive as possible:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sour grapes...not really. I never hold people making a living against them...just their stupid political views that they use to affect other people trying to make a living. I don't even have a problem with that liberal nut Sean Penn. I think his views are stupid but I like the fact that he makes a good living...I hate seeing people who have to struggle in life and enjoy seeing people prosper and take care of their families.

I am not jealous of rich people, not even liberal ones...that should be apparent by now in my posts. My problem is when they fight and campaign for higher taxes or more problems for other people trying to make a living...and then dodge the very things they are trying to impose on other people.

Matt Damon promotes public school teacher unions, and the public school system,...and then sends his kids to private school....that is what makes Damon a jerk...

Great. So then, what's the problem? He is making his living, and surely if his work weren't worth his wage, he would be fired. Right?

I don't know where Damon sends his kids to school, but its his money. Right? And, it is possible to support services and ideas you don't personally use. I support clean, safe and affordable abortion clinics, although I have never used one. I support my local firefighters, but have never once needed to use their services. I support lots of things I don't personally need. And whether my kids go to a private school or not, I'll always be an advocate for public education. I don't see any kind of disconnect there.

Frankly, it still seems like sour grapes. He's rich, successful and plays for the wrong team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You are not a celebrity spokesperson for a liberal cause de jour though....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You are not a celebrity spokesperson for a liberal cause de jour though....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The problem isn't cause du jour. It's the liberal part. People using their money and influence to support causes one agrees with are philanthropists. If he were a conservative supporting conservative causes, there would be no issue. Thus, sour grapes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
My problem is when they fight and campaign for higher taxes or more problems for other people trying to make a living...and then dodge the very things they are trying to impose on other people.

That's because you don't understand, Bill.

Lemme break it down for you.

My dad attended Fairfield Prepratory Academy-class of 1945. I attended the Hotchkiss School.

My dad went to private schools, nearly 70 years ago.

I went to private schools.

My kids went to private schools, for a time-Los Alamos schools are as good as some privates, and better than anything else New Mexico had to offer.......

Through it all, my family has supported and promoted the public school system and teachers unions. Why?

Because somebody has to pick up my garbage cans, fix my cars, do repairs on my houses, and, provide other services, and it's for them that these "public schools" exist. That some manage to rise above that sort of destiny, and make more of themselves in spite of their humble origins is of no import-it's testimony to the libertarian/conservative/republican/nietzschean/Darwinian belief in individual self-determination.

Public schools=metal shop=labor pool.

Public schools ensure that "Joe the Plumber"'s kids in Chicago, Detroit, Peoria and Canton become, well.......Joe the Plumber, because Matt Damon will be damned if his kids are gonna wind up super-sucking somebody's septic tank full of crap, but-dammit!-somebody's gotta do it! :lfao: and public schools make damn certain that somebody will,

So, of course the rich (and elites, conservative and liberal) support public schools.

Otherwise, they'd have to groom their horsies and shovel out the manure themselves! :lfao:

You, of course, know nothing of this, because, well, you're Joe the Plumber yourself, aren't you? Or Joe the Electrician, or Joe the whateverwhocares? Fact is, though, that it's likely that you and those like you have swallowed that crap about "work hard and get ahead" when, let's face it, only one side of that "equation" ever really balances, and it's not the "get ahead" part, is it? :lfao: You're doomed to never be Matt Damon-a private school, upper middle class guy who went on to attend Harvard and never graduate, and who wrote an Oscar-winning screenplay-the son of a stockbroker and a college-professor-you know, the kind of guy for whom private schools were created.

I mean, which world do you live in? The one where people can pull themselves up by their bootstraps, or the real one? :lfao:

Last edited:

Latest Discussions