OH Those 80's videos (music that is)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Found this site that has a listing of VH-1 videos by just about every band that were around in the 80's... unfortunately there's only 1 by each band... oh well. http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php

Of the ones I've watched the Billy Idol's Hot In The City was the one that made me giggle... with that sneer... no it's a SNARL as he sings... geez better to listen to than to watch I'll say.

What's your fav? Link it here...
Watched this a few minutes ago... it was before HE got weird... Michael Jackson's Thriller (full version) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4-IlviV8Ao

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow...these are all the videos I missed growing up - because my parents refused to get cable! I've seen a few of them online, but several years after the 80's ended. ;)

I also like Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video. Some of those videos creeped me out, though - especially Laura Branigan's "Self Control" (love the song, hate the video).

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to go through that list a lot more before I pick my favorite. I only got as far as the "A" section before I was transported back to memory lane and the song I seemed to get drunk to after every break up- Alan Parson's "Don't Answer Me." What a lot of memories......

But I think that the following needs to be listed if we are talking about videos from the 80s.

Just as an aside, does any child from the 80s find it kind of melencholic that when you mention Kansas, Chicago or Asia to people on line, they think you are talking about places???:wah:

Last edited by a moderator:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was into Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer in the 80s. I didn't see any of those up there...

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I absolutely love watching vh1 classic. They have some hokey songs but a lot of them are great. I stumbled acrossed it by accident flipping through channels and now hooked to it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
I was into Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer in the 80s. I didn't see any of those up there...

Much to my surprise Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer are all there, hell they even have Manowar and Motorhead listed (Go Lemmy). They have a lot of metal there and I was into a lot of metal in the late 80s.

But as much as it pains me to admit it, in the early 80s I really liked that Wall of Voodoo song Mexican radio.

And Aldo Nova, the one hit wonder.

And just a comment on theletch's post

theletch1 said:
Anyone else feeling really old right about now? I was born in 70 so the 80s music was really the first time that I was really able to make my own music choices.

Old...born in the 70s.... I graduated high school in the 70s :)

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
Anyone else feeling really old right about now? I was born in 70 so the 80s music was really the first time that I was really able to make my own music choices.

Youngster.:whip:

This was not on the original list. But I found it by searching Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bPBIZuRdds&search=Time warp Rocky horror

The folks barely out of their nappies might not know about the above, but I remember my first time.......

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OK so please don't get all shouty at me for being born in 81 but I still think the 80s were full of SO much absolute dross but even despite that a few gen-X trinkets still sparkle and can STILL shine even today and well... my favourite out of this little selection has no stupid hair or rubbish new electronic production and really prolly does not look 80s and that is why it still works today and what a sensual video wow! and why are ALL songs not written with THIS passion and THIS belief this just puts all the other lightweight 80s pop stuff in its box and well.... I have watched it over and over for the last twenty minutes stop it Jenna switch it off! Ha! Thank you Ralph the Crazy Caver for posting up this good stuff.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXmlJQN5Pm8

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok,
I have decided.

The following has to be my most favorite clip from the 80s. Possibly because it is so rare today. Some of you might catch one of the inside jokes referencing the videos of the 80s, but I doubt you can catch more than that.

In fact, I bet some of you have never seen or remember this clip. I enjoyed it when it was around.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Ok,
I have decided.

The following has to be my most favorite clip from the 80s. Possibly because it is so rare today. Some of you might catch one of the inside jokes referencing the videos of the 80s, but I doubt you can catch more than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6q8wc6Wk20

In fact, I bet some of you have never seen or remember this clip. I enjoyed it when it was around.

Gee don I remember that clip it was stupid then and it is more stupid now.
Those eighties.
Terry

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Gee don I remember that clip it was stupid then and it is more stupid now.

I think that is its best feature.

If I want something deep and thought- provoking, I'll read a book.

Videos, when you get down to it, are just a form of eye candy.

And I like candy........

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
I think that is its best feature.

If I want something deep and thought- provoking, I'll read a book.

Videos, when you get down to it, are just a form of eye candy.

And I like candy........

Yea Don you are right but I'm on a diet so even eye candy is out!!
icon14.gif

Terry

Kenpobldr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wow does this bring back memories. I think that I need to go try on my old pair of parachute pants.

Then again mabey not.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kenpobldr said:
Wow does this bring back memories. I think that I need to go try on my old pair of parachute pants.

Then again mabey not.

Oh yeah, I had a pair.....

And the reason you won't try them on is because most of us probably can't fit into them anymore....... I was a 30 waist in the 80s, and a 32 waist now. But those suckers didn't leave much room for imagination. :eek:

Oh, and Terry, when you say you can't have even eye candy, does that mean that you want candy???

Latest Discussions