Offtopic posts from "Don't Be Afraid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its amazing how quickly Martial Talk has devolved into "Bullshido, Jr." and how you cannot have any kind of discussion without "MMA will kick your ***, LARPER!" coming up on here...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course, that doesn't mean you can't rush in trying to pick a fight anyway, though I wouldn't recommend it.

:popcorn: :boing2:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its amazing how quickly Martial Talk has devolved into "Bullshido, Jr."​

We haven't "devolved" into anything.

If you feel any member hijacks a thread to forward his/her agenda, then use the RTM feature. Any member can RTM a post.

As to the "don't be afraid..." I must say, again with the cookie-cutter mentality. Not all TMA schools are absent alive training, and not every TMAist feels the need to feel power-over.

And really, I think that's what's disturbing to some of the Traditional martial artists I know - this emanating need to power-over other martial artists - ELDERLY MEN who have devoted their ENTIRE LIVES to the preservation of ancient fighting styles. In fact, if it weren't for TMAs, there would be no MMA. JiuJutsu's origins are ANCIENT - the training in them without character development is sad to most of us who have benefitted in that vein from our traditional training.

Why this bullying need? Why this need to wag penises and beat down others? Why this need to infiltrate and compete when there is no need? Why?

A lack of purpose? Not enough to do in life? Not enough motive to study, learn, contemplate, LISTEN to those who have been here for SO VERY MUCH LONGER and who have put SO MANY MORE DECADES into their course of study ... perfecting, rolling, fighting, challenging, refining, tweaking, returing to the original upon the discovery 30 years later that it really WAS the best way to do it?

Hm.

Not afraid here ... just differently motivated.

Thanks for your time.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm having a really difficult time not seeing the thread starter's post as trolling. What's his point? He doesn't like Mr. Hatsumi's art? Ok, then don't train in it. The only purpose here that I can discern is a need to run down other's training and feel superior about his own - while generating the expected, and hoped for, responses from those who do train BBT.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why this bullying need? Why this need to wag penises and beat down others? Why this need to infiltrate and compete when there is no need? Why?

Because this be da age of instant gra-tee-fi-ka-shun. Know what I mean, yo?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let me see if I can summarize the thread thus far:
"Blah blah blah... alive training... blah blah blah... TMA sucks... blah blah blah... my soke can kick your soke's ***."
Did I miss anything? :rolleyes:

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let me see if I can summarize the thread thus far:
"Blah blah blah... alive training... blah blah blah... TMA sucks... blah blah blah... my soke can kick your soke's ***."
Did I miss anything? :rolleyes:
Don't think so. Isn't it wonderful that such new and relevant material has been bestowed upon us? Never read that before. :lol2:

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I been hearing that word "Obsolete" most all my life, and they still dig holes with shovels.
But ... there are better shovels that were invented in Argentina ... :lol2: ... how do you know if yours is better than that one unless you have a hole digging contest? :lfao:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You compare a mere Argentine shovel with the Glock Extendable Field Spade? Philistine!!:p:D

Hey Andy!! Does that Glock Entrenchment tool of yours cut through asphalt or cement??

NO????

Well THAT settles it then!!

It doesn't work.......ON THE STREET!!! :roflmao: :lfao: :rofl:

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
*Splutter* *cough* *indignation*

Now you look here, little missy! My Field spade has cut viines, vegetation, earth, and it could even break a zombie skull if there WERE any around here!! so you can KEEP yer lousy street shovel! What do I care for what works on the street when my stuff is tried and tested in JUNGLE COMBAT, man!

makoto-dojo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Speaking of the friendly respect thing that is supposed to be here on this forum..

What is with all the posts that have NOTHING to do with the topic? Interesting.. Double standards?

The Master

Bow Before Me.
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seattletcj
Recently I remember someone saying that a poster deserved a shuto to the jaw for being so naive. I didnt see the individual being personally repremanded for crossing the line of friendly discussion. He was actually encouraged by many posters.

That individual was placed in the sin bin and warned by *TWO* different moderators that what had been said was inappropriate. Your point is what: That because you did not see a public reprimand that the moderators were not doing their jobs?

(insert Bill the Cat sound here)

What's a "SinBin"? I think you may have confused this site with another one. This site isn't in the habit of public chastisement except in extreme cases.

As to the Bullshido comment, dear gods I hope not. That particular site's only use is a flotsam catcher. This one actually has content above the 12 year old level.

The staff here are pretty fair, unless you're a jerk to them. They aren't topic nazis who get anal about a little bit of light hearted banter.

Now, back sort of on topic, each school will have different training methodologies. If you feel the need to "test" your stuff, the MMA section here would probably fit better. My limited experience with real traditional ninjutsu schools and extensive reading here and on a few other boards leads me to believe that most of them shed away from sparring.

One other point. It seems there may be some long standing differences of opinion between a few posters. Some advise from a veteran. Leave it off the board, you'll last longer.

Back to lurking for me now.

Rook

Black Belt
Reaction score
As to the Bullshido comment, dear gods I hope not. That particular site's only use is a flotsam catcher. This one actually has content above the 12 year old level.

Bullshido has a lot of good information, it just has a very bad signal to noise ratio, with alot of people with nothing better to do than show and post "Rickson by Armbar!!!!!!!!" in the middle of an unrelated thread. Bullshido is a site for "recovering TMAists" and their attitude is pretty uniform. MartialTalk still accepts a wide variety of views - which is why we have good, if also repetitive discussions. Many sites have a dominent culture of TMA, MMA, or RBSD, and this is one of the few places where they actually converse with each other in a generally respectful manner.

Now, back sort of on topic, each school will have different training methodologies. If you feel the need to "test" your stuff, the MMA section here would probably fit better.

This might be a good question for the mods - should pressure testing, aliveness, street-vs.-sport, all ranges, etc. be recentralized in the MMA section rather than in the art it relates to? I wouldn't mind it as a person who frequents the MMA section, and I can see pros and cons for either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions