Obama calls fluke over fake controversy

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obama called the law student,who demands that we the taxpayers pay for her birth control so she can have sex in law school, because Rush Limbaugh called her a bad name. Of course, the whole birth control issue was manufactured by the white house as an attempt to peel women away from the republicans, all done with the help of the main stream media which initiated the attack using george stephanopolous.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73549.html

Of course there are two calls that obama never made...this point was brought up by Mark Levin on his radio show Thursday night.

http://biggovernment.com/awrhawkins...eral-agent-dead-and-still-holder-wont-comply/

Just when the Fast and Furious investigation seemed to hit a lull, and many were wondering what was going to come of it or whether it might quietly fade away without anyone being prosecuted, another weapon that was obtained via a straw purchase in the U.S. and carried across the Mexican border has been identified. This one is “connected to the murder of Immigration and Customs (ICE) Agent Jaime Zapata,” which took place in February 2011. And suffice it to say, AG Eric Holder is on the hot seat all over again.

Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) is looking into the DOJ’s role in Agent Zapata’s murder, and believes the weapon which was used came from a program similar to Fast and Furious. Which means that no one knows whether the gun-walking tied to Fast and Furious was ended, as Holder said it was, only to be started again under another program (with another name), or whether the gun walking tied to Fast and Furious simply continued longer than Holder claims it did. And this brings the focus back to the head of the DOJ’s criminal division, Lanny Breuer, “who suggested letting some illicit ‘straw’ weapons buyers in the U.S. [to] transport their guns across the border into Mexico where they could be arrested.” Was Breuer’s suggestion adopted for Fast and Furious or was it adopted for another program that supplied the weapon with which Agent Zapata was killed?

The bottom line, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry’s death can now be listed as one of two federal agents who were killed by weapons knowingly purchased by straw purchasers and moved across the border on our DOJ’s watch.

The fact that Obama and even eric holder, who only called after the scandal broke and he had to cover himself, never called the families of the murdered I.C.E. and border agent,Jaime Zappata, and BrianTerry, even though it was his justice department's botched plan to give automatic weapons to mexican drug gangs, all in furtherance of restarting the attempt to ban private ownership of firearms, should not be noticed.\

Hmmm...call a law student because she couldn't get free birth control...ignore the deaths of two federal agents in a botched justice department joke of an operation...makes sense.

The one place where the fast and furious scandal is really being pursued is, of course, the Big sites of Andrew Brietbart. Of course, he doesn't get credit for that...

Last edited:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I finally listened to the testimony of Sandra Fluke to see what the kerfluffle was about:

I knew about the Rush 'slut' comments because they were in the news, but I do not listen to his show.

I did not hear anything in her testimony that would justify calling her a slut. However, Rush is a loudmouth, and he makes his living by generating controversy. For him, there is no such thing as bad publicity, and his star has been on the decline for years now.

The Democrats likewise have made much of this; it's perfect election-year politics to distract the public from real issues.

Consider first the nature of her testimony. She was given time to speak by Nancy Pelosi, because Fluke had been 'denied the right' to speak at an earlier hearing about religious leader's objections to the mandatory birth control coverage issue at religious employers. She was not allowed to speak because the earlier hearing was for religious leaders to voice their objections; not for college students to object to the religious leader's objections. So Nancy Pelosi held her own hearing. But that's all Washington politics for you; both the religious leaders objecting and the women objecting to the religious leaders objecting.

At issue in Fluke's testimony were several basic facts to which she objects. They are:

1) She buys health care insurance through Georgetown University (a Catholic institution) and pays for it herself, without subsidies or assistance. Birth control is not covered in her policy, even though she pays for the policy herself.

2) Birth control is so expensive (she quoted $3,000 for a typical law student during their studies) that many woman attending school on scholarships and who have no income or sources of funds simply go without it.

3) Birth control is not merely for contraception, but is often medically indicated in cases of such physical ailments as ovarian cysts. Therefore it is a health issue and not just a birth control issue. She gave an account of a friend who, denied birth control because the insurance company denied her claim that it was for ovarian cysts, then went on to develop an ovarian cyst. Fluke did testify that Georgetown University and other Jesuit universities in the USA *do* cover birth control for medical conditions other than just birth control; but she testified that the insurance companies themselves asked intrusive questions to women who attempted to get such coverage and frequently denied the claim, even if a doctor had certified that it was for a medical and not birth control reason.

4) A majority of female students at Georgetown, according to her own estimates, wanted birth control to be covered, so Georgetown University should 'listen' to them and do what they say.

5) To public reaction that if she wants to have birth control covered by her health insurance, she should attend a different college, she responded that she refuses to choose between her reproductive health and a quality education.

6) She has spoken to some of her female friends, and some of them were so confused by Georgetown University's policies that they therefore did not report being raped to the campus police, assuming that their insurance would not cover any follow-on medical care.

OK, I've thought about her testimony (and Rush's comments about her, as well as President Obama's making much of the incident) and I have the following reactions:

1) She is not a slut, nor is she a prostitute. She is a college student at a law school. She is also a hand-picked mouthpiece to argue White House policy, as she stated she is the president of some organization for women's reproductive rights, etc, on the campus and has been for four years. She's a spokesperson, not the average student on the campus. This is her chosen cause. I have no problem with that, but it's good to keep things in perspective. She is as much a public figure as an elected official; she is in the limelight because she chose to be there. She is (I have read) 30 years old; she is not a child. Politics is rough business.

2) I reject the notion that since she pays for her own health insurance policy, she should get to dictate what is covered and what is not. It doesn't work like that. I pay for my auto insurance. I'd love to demand that it cover acts of God, but it doesn't. I can't stamp my little feet and demand that it does and have it happen.

3) I agree with her that birth control is not merely for the prevention of contraception. However, she stated that Georgetown University and other Jesuit colleges *does* cover contraception for such purposes. So I don't see what her beef with policy is. She objects to the insurance company questioning claims; hey, I'm down with that, but that's what insurance companies do; they're not acting at the behest of Georgetown University, they're greedy bastards. Take it up with them, it's not the fault of the Jesuits.

4) A a majority of citizens want a free house and car. Should they have it? No? Then a majority of female students wanting something Georgetown University doesn't offer doesn't really matter much. Never heard such nonsense.

5) To the point that she refuses to choose between two things; she wants both. Well, ain't life a bummer. I have to choose between two things all the time. Life is full of all kinds of choices, and I'm not relieved of them because I stand up and say "I refuse to choose." Life sucks, Ms. Fluke. Get over it.

6) Some of her female friends are so stupid that they don't report being raped to the police because they're confused about Georgetown University's policies. Uh, what? They are law school students! They don't know that rape is against the law? They think that reporting rape is not allowed because Georgetown University doesn't cover birth control for contraception? Well if they are honestly that dumb, I do not know how changing any policies is going to help them.

In summary, I agree with her on the substantive issue she brought up; that birth control is sometimes needed for reasons other than contraception. However, as she said, Georgetown University already covers that in their health insurance coverage. She says she has an issue with the way the insurance company questions such claims; she should take that up with the insurance company. That's all I have to say on the matter; the rest didn't make any sense and was not germane to the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
You don't call women that, even if you think they are. What about ignoring that? I mean, I get it-Fast and Furious was more about setting us all up for a gun-grab. Obama is anti-gun, and would like to make it harder on all of us that already own guns, and harder to get them or obtain training to use them. Really.

It's one of the reasons I despise the guy.

And maybe he should have called agent Zapata's family-I don't really know on that one, there may have been protocols involved that we're not aware of-or maybe he was just being a politician and covering his miserable black *** by not doing so

Nonetheless, Fast and Furious is an altogether different issue that has no bearing whatsoever to the fact that Rush has always lambasted "feminazis," has an audience that laps up his hateful swill as though it were truth from on high, and regurgitates it onto the rest of us, in hideous rainbows of vomit. :barf:

Now, in the interest of political punditry, he's called a woman-a fellow citizen and interested party, "a slut," and a "prostitute" for wanting birth control covered by his insurance. Rita-that's the wife-had the pill covered. Hell, my vasectomy was covered. It's just not an unreasonable request on her part, though I will admit to being a horrible slut for a period of time there-and maybe even a "prostitute" once or twice (there was that girl in high school who kept me for a weekend and bought me a pair of Frye boots, but that's another story.......:lfao: )

Rush Limbaugh’s latest misogynistic tirade against Georgetown University Law Student Sandra Fluke may be the last straw for many of the shock jock’s corporate sponsors. Thousands of angry customers have been inundating dozens of Limbaugh’s corporate sponsors, demanding that they cut ties with the program.

So far, three companies, Sleep Number, The Sleep Train, and Quicken Loans have pulled ads from the program, and several others are considering following their lead.

Let your feelings be known:

Tax Resolution Services
Online Ad on Rush Site
1-866-IRSPROBLEMS

Heart & Body Extract
Online Ad on Rush Site
1-866-295-5305

ProFlowers
Sales or Service: 1-800-580-2913
Phone: 800.580.2913

Sleep Train (Mattress Center) NOTE: PULLED THEIR AD 3/2/12!!!! 4350 Warehouse Ct., Ste 100
North Highlands, CA 95660Phone: (800) 919-2337
Fax: (866) 293-5719

eharmony
300 N. Lake Ave., Suite 1111
Pasadena, CA 91101
[email protected] 626.795.4814
FAX 626.585.4040

CARBONITE, Inc.
617-587-1100
177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
Direct Dial Office: 617-587-1100 EXT:1115

Sleep Number Bed NOTE: PULLED THEIR AD 3/2/12!!!!
Select Comfort Corporation 6105 Trenton Lane N
Minneapolis, MN 55442
Phone: 763-551-7000
Fax: 763-551-7826
800-438-2233

Oreck Upright Vacuum CleanersOreck Corporation
100 Plantation Road
New Orleans, Louisiana 70123
800-289-5888

Mid-West Life Insurance Company of Tennessee
9151 Grapevine Hwy.North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Phone (800) 733-1110
(ads on rushlimbaugh.com)

AutoZone Inc. NOTE: PULLED THEIR AD 3/2/12!!!!
901-495-7185; Fax: 901-495-8374
P.O. Box 2198, Memphis, TN 38101
LegalZoom

800-773-0888; Fax: 323-962-8300

Citrix Online (GoToMyPC)
6500 Hollister Avenue, Goleta, CA 93117
Phone: 805-690-6400; Fax: 805-690-6471
ALSO KNOWN AS GOTOMEETING.COM
American Forces Network
Contact Us: @MyAFN.net

Mission Pharmacal Company
10999 IH-10 West Suite 1000
P.O. Box 786099
San Antonio, TX 78278-6099
Telephone: (800) 531-3333

Life Quotes, Inc.
32045 Castle Court Evergreen, CO 80439
1-800-670-5433
Michelle Matlock, Senior Managing Editor
(800)556-9393, x.335

Quicken Loans NOTE: PULLED THEIR AD 3/2/12!!!!

Lending Tree

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
1st Rush never called her a slut. He said Condoms cost about .20 each if not free. $3000 divided by .20 is 15000 condoms. thats 5000 condoms a year means she would need to have sex 13 times a day to use up 3000 in birth control in 3 years. He said a woman thats having sex 13 times a day everyday for 3 years is a slut. He never said she was he was making fun of her math not her behavior.

2nd shes not a 23 year old college student that was reported but a 30 year old political actvist that only enrolled in Georgetown to protest the birt controll issue. She is a former president of the Law Students for Reproductive Justic and harldy an unbias "victim" of the maen old college.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So calling a living woman a slut crosses the line in your book but laughing and making fun of a dead man is ok? I lost count off all the sexist and horrible things people on the Left said about Palin but she must not be a real woman I guess because she does not fit into your political views. SO FREE SPEECH FOR ALL unless we dont like what you say.

You don't call women that. What about ignoring that? I mean, I get it-Fast and Furious was more about setting us all up for a gun-grab. Obama is anti-gun, and would like to make it harder on all of us that already own guns, and harder to get them or obtain training to use them. Really.

It's one of the reasons I despise the guy.

And maybe he should have called agent Zapata's family-I don't really know on that one, there may have been protocols involved that we're not aware of-or maybe he was just being a politician and covering his miserable black *** by not doing so

Nonetheless, Fast and Furious is an altogether different issue that has no bearing whatsoever to the fact that Rush has always lambasted "feminazis," has an audience that laps up his hateful swill as though it were truth from on high, and regurgitates it onto the rest of us, in hideous rainbows of vomit. :barf:

Now, in the interest of political punditry, he's called a woman-a fellow citizen and interested party, "a slut," and a "prostitute" for wanting birth control covered by his insurance. Rita-that's the wife-had the pill covered. Hell, my vasectomy was covered. It's just not an unreasonable request on her part, though I will admit to being a horrible slut for a period of time there-and maybe even a "prostitute" once or twice (there was that girl in high school who kept me for a weekend and bought me a pair of Frye boots, but that's another story.......:lfao: )

Rush Limbaugh’s latest misogynistic tirade against Georgetown University Law Student Sandra Fluke may be the last straw for many of the shock jock’s corporate sponsors. Thousands of angry customers have been inundating dozens of Limbaugh’s corporate sponsors, demanding that they cut ties with the program.

So far, three companies, Sleep Number, The Sleep Train, and Quicken Loans have pulled ads from the program, and several others are considering following their lead.

Let your feelings be known:

Tax Resolution Services
Online Ad on Rush Site
1-866-IRSPROBLEMS

Heart & Body Extract
Online Ad on Rush Site
1-866-295-5305

ProFlowers
Sales or Service: 1-800-580-2913
Phone: 800.580.2913

Sleep Train (Mattress Center) NOTE: PULLED THEIR AD 3/2/12!!!! 4350 Warehouse Ct., Ste 100
North Highlands, CA 95660Phone: (800) 919-2337
Fax: (866) 293-5719

eharmony
300 N. Lake Ave., Suite 1111
Pasadena, CA 91101
[email protected] 626.795.4814
FAX 626.585.4040

CARBONITE, Inc.
617-587-1100
177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
Direct Dial Office: 617-587-1100 EXT:1115

Sleep Number Bed NOTE: PULLED THEIR AD 3/2/12!!!!
Select Comfort Corporation 6105 Trenton Lane N
Minneapolis, MN 55442
Phone: 763-551-7000
Fax: 763-551-7826
800-438-2233

Oreck Upright Vacuum CleanersOreck Corporation
100 Plantation Road
New Orleans, Louisiana 70123
800-289-5888

Mid-West Life Insurance Company of Tennessee
9151 Grapevine Hwy.North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Phone (800) 733-1110
(ads on rushlimbaugh.com)

AutoZone Inc. NOTE: PULLED THEIR AD 3/2/12!!!!
901-495-7185; Fax: 901-495-8374
P.O. Box 2198, Memphis, TN 38101
LegalZoom

800-773-0888; Fax: 323-962-8300

Citrix Online (GoToMyPC)
6500 Hollister Avenue, Goleta, CA 93117
Phone: 805-690-6400; Fax: 805-690-6471
ALSO KNOWN AS GOTOMEETING.COM
American Forces Network
Contact Us: @MyAFN.net

Mission Pharmacal Company
10999 IH-10 West Suite 1000
P.O. Box 786099
San Antonio, TX 78278-6099
Telephone: (800) 531-3333

Life Quotes, Inc.
32045 Castle Court Evergreen, CO 80439
1-800-670-5433
Michelle Matlock, Senior Managing Editor
(800)556-9393, x.335

Quicken Loans NOTE: PULLED THEIR AD 3/2/12!!!!

Lending Tree

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
PS thanks for the list I will send each and everyone a PRO-RUSH email and seek them out to do my shopping for a while.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
ballen0351 said:
1st Rush never called her a slut. He said Condoms cost about .20 each if not free. $3000 divided by .20 is 15000 condoms. thats 5000 condoms a year means she would need to have sex 13 times a day to use up 3000 in birth control in 3 years. He said a woman thats having sex 13 times a day everyday for 3 years is a slut. He never said she was he was making fun of her math not her behavior.

The pill normally costs anywhere from $15-$50 a month, depending upon the type, but some forms cost $80 a month. That's $960 a year, and much closer to the $3000 she said that "it could cost[/-even if she's taking it for painful cramps, and not having sex at all.

ballen035 said:
So calling a living woman a slut crosses the line in your book but laughing and making fun of a dead man is ok?

Well, yeah, it is. I'm pretty sure I didn't hurt Andrew Breitbart's feelings a bit, what, with him being dead and all. :lfao: :lfao: :lfao:

ballen035 said:
I lost count off all the sexist and horrible things people on the Left said about Palin but she must not be a real woman I guess because she does not fit into your political views.

1) I'm not "on the Left."

2) None of what I've ever said about that woman was sexist or particularly horrible. I called her "stupid," "unintelligent" a "Bible-thumper," and a few things that implied a lack of "Presidential" qualities.

I guess she's "real woman" enough, in a "hot-librarian" buttoned up, repressed sort of way. She conceived all those kids somehow, anyway......:lol:

Oh, and I also voted for her-or, rather, McCain, who would have gotten special prayers for longevity had he been elected. :lol:

ballen035 said:
SO FREE SPEECH FOR ALL unless we dont like what you say.

Rush's speech isn't "free." It's paid for, by those companies.

I've wished for a long time that he would just have a nice warm cup of STFU-the odious offerings that emit from his pie-hole make real conservatives seem to be lunatic fascists to the rest of the country, and do nothing to advance political discourse-just like Andrew Breitbart,except that he hasn't done us all the favor of dropping dead///yet.

Last edited:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The pill normally costs anywhere from $15-$50 a month, depending upon the type, but some forms cost $80 a month. That's $960 a year, and much closer to the $3000 she said that "it could cost[/-even if she's taking it for painful cramps, and not having sex at all.

And? So what! Its a private company they can choose to cover or not cover whatever services they want. You dont like it find a new school or a new insurance company. The Govt has no right to force a private company to provide a service they choose not too. My car needs an Oil Change I demand congress to make Jiffy Lube provide me free oil since I cant afford it.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I pretty much have ignored Rush for years.

Ive never listened to him but I do listen to Talk Radio and they did play the clips of what he said. HE even said later in the Same show that he didnt think Fluke was a Slut at all. But thats not in any of the news stories. Howard Stern calls woman way worse where is all the outrage? Oh wait he voted for Obama.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
I pretty much have ignored Rush for years.

Me too. At LANSCE, though, we listened to the radio in the control room, and I would let the crew put him on sometimes-hell, it was only one hour out of twelve, and my priciple exposure to him came during the days after 9/11.

I eventually learned to schedule some sort of field work while he was on, and just get out of the control room.:lfao:

Last edited:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, yeah, it is. I'm pretty sure I didn't hurt Andrew Breitbart's feelings a bit, what, with him being dead and all. :lfao: :lfao: :lfao:
Am Im sure the Word Slut didnt offend her either Im positive she has been called worse just look at her.

1) I'm not "on the Left."

2) None of what I've ever said about that woman was sexist or particularly horrible. I called her "stupid," "unintelligent" a "Bible-thumper," and a few things that implied a lack of "Presidential" qualities.

I also voted for her.
wasnt speeking to you directly more of a general statement of the commentary thats been spouted out over the last few days

Rush's speech isn't "free." It's paid for, by those companies.

I've wished for a long time that he would just have a nice warm cup of STFU-the odious offerings that emit from his pie-hole make real conservatives seem to be lunatic fascists to the rest of the country, and do nothing to advance political discourse-just like Andrew Breitbart,except that he hasn't done us all the favor of dropping dead///yet.
So you dont like it dont listen to it. Its simple I dont like MSNBC so I dont watch it except when they play the Locked Up show I like that one. I dont try to put them off the air. I could care less what they say and have no desire to remove them from the air. Im glad they have jobs and do what they do. You dont like what someone says you dont listen its simple really.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
ballen0351 said:
So you dont like it dont listen to it. Its simple I dont like MSNBC so I dont watch it except when they play the Locked Up show I like that one. I dont try to put them off the air. I could care less what they say and have no desire to remove them from the air. Im glad they have jobs and do what they do. You dont like what someone says you dont listen its simple really.

The first part is true-and should be where it ends, but the fact is that there are people who listen to him and take everything he says as gospel-that he injects poisonous intolerance into the political discourse of our country. That, because of him, and people like him, the polarization and divisiveness of politics in this country is nearly as bad as it was prior to the War of Southern Insurrection-I mean the Civil War, and that is really where I'm afraid we might be headed-not towards a joint resolution of our problems, not even taking steps towards long-term solutions, but mired in a state of constant bickering and accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Look at this, it's what's wrong with American politics-because of people like him, we have "Tea Party" members of congress who actually behave this way:

And NOTHING gets done.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are also people that listen to toasters so should we ban toasters. MOST people understand hes an entertainer and says things for shock value. Its his thing thats why i dont listen to him. Some peopme are just nuts and you cant hold rush accountable for a nutjob that cant understand its entertainment.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I also agree with what he is saying. You shouldnt compromise with people that are just wrong

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I see both sides have successfully managed to end any discussion of substantive issues. Instead of being about a religious institution's requirement to provide free birth control to women employees (and students in the case of religious universities), we are now talking about who is a slut and who is not, what agenda the left and the right have, and what pompous *** Rush Limbaugh is or isn't. Nice work, guys.

I am in favor of insurers covering health care concerns such as the ovarian cysts she describes, even with birth control pills if that is the medically-accepted treatment. I am not in favor of religious institutions and employers being forced to provide birth control for contraceptive purposes if that is against their core principles.

And I'm done here.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
ballen0351 said:
I also agree with what he is saying. You shouldnt compromise with people that are just wrong

That's politics, though-compromise. If something is trluy wrong, it will get fixed, eventually, if you keep fighting-so you keep fighting, but sometimes you have to concede.

ballen0351 said:
There are also people that listen to toasters so should we ban toasters. MOST people understand hes an entertainer and says things for shock value. Its his thing thats why i dont listen to him. Some peopme are just nuts and you cant hold rush accountable for a nutjob that cant understand its entertainment.

it's demagoguery and rhetoric; it's not "entertainment" at all, and far, far too many people have "Rush is Right" bumper stickers to prove it.

This is not "entertainment:

Nor is this:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Bill Mattocks said:
Well, I see both sides have successfully managed to end any discussion of substantive issues. Instead of being about a religious institution's requirement to provide free birth control to women employees (and students in the case of religious universities), we are now talking about who is a slut and who is not, what agenda the left and the right have, and what pompous *** Rush Limbaugh is or isn't. Nice work, guys.

Actually, that would be your issue in all this, Bill-the OP was really about the hypocrisy of Obama calling Ms. Fluke, and not calling the family of agents killed by "Fast and Furious" guns. It happen to agree with billi, on this,in essence-though its also just as likely that Obama didn't even know about what was, essentially,yet another dead law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty. It might not even have crossed his desk.

Rush called the woman a slut and a prostitute for her viewpoint. I chose to address that.

Bill Mattocks said:
I am in favor of insurers covering health care concerns such as the ovarian cysts she describes, even with birth control pills if that is the medically-accepted treatment. I am not in favor of religious institutions and employers being forced to provide birth control for contraceptive purposes if that is against their core principles.

And I'm done here.

I don't agree, but maybe you should start another thread......?

(And really, it's all billi's fault: his "COPYPASTAS" make so little sense..:lfao: )

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Obama knows about the dead border patrol agent. Its been talked about in congress and several questuons have been asked tovhis press sec about it. On same token i dont know that he didnt call he may have and it was kept private since there was nothing political to gain by putting it in the news.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
[h=1]Tell Limbaugh's advertisers: Stop supporting sexist attacks on women.[/h]
When Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown Law School student, testified before Congress to protest rightwing attacks to limit women's access to birth control, Rush Limbaugh called her a "slut" and a "prostitute."

Here's what Limbaugh actually said:

"What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute... She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception."[SUP]1[/SUP]
Unfortunately, what Rush Limbaugh says matters. He has a bigger audience than any other commercial radio host in the country, and what he talks about on air has the power to drive the Republican agenda -- an agenda that is already obsessed with radical backslides of womens' ability to protect their own health.

Latest Discussions