Why an "assault" Rifle? Some reasons...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Or a law abiding citizen that's hooked on the show doomsday preppers oh wait that's me

Marcy Shoberg

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Or perhaps you are a law abiding person who wants to be able to be part of a well armed militia if needed?

I was actually going to make a similar point. I know a person who owns such a gun because he is a bit of a doomday prepper, but not terribly committed, and hopes that his owning a really good gun might get him invited to join a group of others who have, for example, made better food preparations than he, but not own as good of a gun.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a doomsday scenario you can always use your gun to take away all the stuff the Amish have...:angel:

I mention this because my social studies teacher in High School did a topic on the Amish and the Abkajians, and a film we watched mentioned that because they practice more primitive farming, if anything happened to civilization, they would still be able to farm...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I mention this because my social studies teacher in High School did a topic on the Amish and the Abkajians, and a film we watched mentioned that because they practice more primitive farming, if anything happened to civilization, they would still be able to farm...

People on Indian reservations.

People in small farming communities (the ones that are left, anyway).

Mormons-some of them anyway.

Mennonites-some of them anyway.

Doomsdayers-the ones that have their **** in one sock, anyway.

People who live on boats-believe it or not...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think people need sports cars either...who needs to be able to drive at 120MPH? They are a danger....I say outlaw them. Mustangs, Corvette, etc....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can have my sports car when you pry the keys from my cold dead hand!

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, Ballen is a law enforcement officer with years of street experience, so you might want to pay attention to what he has to say...

so you do advocate preying on others? speaks volumes if even in swarmy humor that fails.

Only if they can't protect themselves, otherwise it is way too dangerous...

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
If your aim is so bad you need an automatic rifle to brin g down a duck, you need a new hobby, and you know it.

I'm not quite sure why your panties are in such a bunch about this topic, but you are aware that nobody hunts ducks with a rifle? And if they do hunt, they are often using semi-automatic shotguns which have the exact same rate of fire as the so called "assault" rifles that are available to civilians?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dudes a one sentence troll....

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Added note: it isn't difficult to legally own a fully-automatic weapon. It is just expensive due to the artificial scarcity (civilians may only own fully auto weapons manufactured or imported before 1986) driving up the prices.

So only rich people have easy access to fully automated weapons.

Hurts my feelings. The most fun I've ever had shooting with a firearm was with a borrowed MP5. Amazing platform. But I don't have an extra $20,000 to spend on one... yet.

Other fully auto weapons I've had the joy of playing with include WW II vintage BAR (first from a bipod, then Rambo style :) ), Tommy Gun, Uzi, AK-47, MAC-11 ...

If you even get the opportunity, spend a bit of money on some ammo and try it. Fun stuff.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Added note: it isn't difficult to legally own a fully-automatic weapon. It is just expensive due to the artificial scarcity (civilians may only own fully auto weapons manufactured or imported before 1986) driving up the prices.

So only rich people have easy access to fully automated weapons.

Hurts my feelings. The most fun I've ever had shooting with a firearm was with a borrowed MP5. Amazing platform. But I don't have an extra $20,000 to spend on one... yet.

Other fully auto weapons I've had the joy of playing with include WW II vintage BAR (first from a bipod, then Rambo style :) ), Tommy Gun, Uzi, AK-47, MAC-11 ...

If you even get the opportunity, spend a bit of money on some ammo and try it. Fun stuff.

That's also state dependent....in NY you would need to be running a mil/le related firearms biz to get a class III weapon or a suppressor as a civilian.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks,

Some of these posts are a step away from crossing the line on personal shots. Let's keep it civil please.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Uncle Sam supplied mine. I wish to extend my thanks to the taxpayers for that.

I blame my high school guidance counselor for not selling a law enforcement or a military career better.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's also state dependent....in NY you would need to be running a mil/le related firearms biz to get a class III weapon or a suppressor as a civilian.

Quite true. Here in Missouri things are pretty easy as far as Class III weapons. Just expensive to actually get your hands on the hardware.