Now I've seen it all

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bujingodai said:
Along with that a liscenced first responder, volunteer firefighter, repeller and survival instructor. All of these I have witnessed and seen the proper paperwork.

Of course, how do you know the proper paperwork is real? We know he created a false certificate. He could do it for other areas and claims. Frank Dux created a fake military record and tried to pass it off. Why not Jackson? Of course, none of the things you mention are really hard to get or have much relevance in the case.

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that Jackson Wagner was the one that Brecht was talking about making an obviously fake certificate for. Tony Kehoe was one of the other Japanese speakers who had laughed over just how bad Wagner's fake certificate was. Why did Brecht feel the need to volunteer just how bad he felt unless he was motivated by a little sense of guilt and maybe fear that we knew what he had done?

Of course, the whole thing means that you can't trust paperwork now. The certificate at the beggining of this thread would pass muster from most Japanese unless they knew the subject matter. I used to be able to tell people that if they had doubts to take any paperwork to a Japanese speaker in the area and see of their ocha spurt out of their nose while reading it. With the certificate that I believe Wagner got from Brecht and this certificate out there, that is no longer the case.

You now have to be sure that if someone says they trained under a certain teacher, that you can go to that teacher and ask for confirmation. If I were a teacher I would not find offensive people wanted to check with my teacher to see if I was all I claimed to be.

As funny as the idea of people buying certificates off of the internet is, you have to think that for every certificate sold there are possibly seceral students being fooled.

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh as far as needing lots of proof, well I agree with you on that. I have proven to myself you can't take someone at their word.

As for Jackson, well the proof was in the pudding. Just after he picked my up from the airport we witnessed an accident. He pulled over and yanked his jump kit, proceeded to scene, even after the officers arrived still continueing service. I have been to his firehouse, look up Otter Creek fire Dept in BC I believe. He is listed there.
As for the survival thing, not only have I been thru a course of his I have seen multitudes of certificates and testimonials to that. Including recipts from some companies that hired him for group dynamic building.

These things there are more than concrete proof of.

as for the certificate, well I have no way of debunking that. email him yourself if you want the answer. He did give me one on that, that did make sense and did corespond to what you said. But not to the tee.

I will re ask him. After he gets out of the field.

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
As for the military thing. It just isn't as complex as the whole Dux thing. He has records, uniforms, pics in field etc etc. Honestly do you think becuase you disagree with the guy everything is bull?

For once Don, try and take a positive outlook. Maybe he is a really good martial artist, etc etc etc.

You just seem to take a personality that for some legit reasons you don't care too much for and from that point on it is your job to prove they have little reason to exist.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bujingodai said:
For once Don, try and take a positive outlook. Maybe he is a really good martial artist, etc etc etc.

Why would a good martial artist need to fake a certificate like Jackson Wagner did?

And don't assume that just because you think someone is a good martial artist that he is. That is why I call you arrogent. Lets face it, if there is a fraud that everyone laughs at, nine times out of ten you can be counted to show up and say you like them. You seem to have very low standards. And I know your level of experience and real life application is low. So what puts you in a position to judge the level of other martial artists unless you want to say that you are high level? I can say that people speak good Japanese or not because I can speak it and I use it every day. Without a lot of experience in the art and on the street, how can anyone make a judgement on whether a martial artist is teaching something effective?

This is why I put so much importance on personal integrity. I do not assume to know the answers or be able to make 100 percent correct judgements in this area. I know I can be fooled in terms of martial arts ability. I know that my experience in the street is not as much as someone like Marc MacYoung and thus my ability to judge is lower. That is why I would never trust someone who I know lied about something to make himself look good. If they are willing to do something like make up a fake certificate, then they are probably willing to lie about something in terms of the art if it makes them look bad. And I do not assume that I will be able to tell when they do so.

Hence, honesty in an instructor is of prime importance. If they do not have integririty, there is nothing that you can learn from them that you can't learn better from someone else.

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Fair enough, your logic makes sense.
I guess the only reason I will judge it to my opinion as I have stated. Is because I have witnessed and worked with him.
I won't make any comment about someone I have no experience with.

Fair enough if my opinion means little. I don't have to answer to anyone but my teacher. I think Jackson is a great guy and a great martial artist in my opinion. Take it for what it's worth which for you is little.

I haven't got too much else to say about it. Maybe when you move to the states we can come to a seminar and share, you may then see what I am talking about, if there is any validity to it. Until then you have your opinion and I will have mine.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
RichK said:
I can walk through walls if I get that one??? I already got the one that let's me walk on water!
I can already walk thru walls. All I gotta do is get my sifu to give me a good solid kick in the guts and he can send me right thru the wall. Maybe their way is a bit gentler?

Latest Discussions