Now I've seen it all

M

MisterMike

http://cgi.ebay.com/Martial-Arts-Certificate-Rank-Diploma-Koga-Ryu-Ninjutsu_W0QQitemZ7181823972QQcategoryZ16044QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This item is a Koga Ryu Ninjutsu Black Belt (Dan) Certificate which I designed.

The certificates are the same as in the picture except with your information, or you can have it sent blank. Both options are the same price. You will get the Japanese certificate and the English translation certificate (both shown in photo.)

The calligraphy is photocopied from a hand painted certificate which I own the rights to.

The certificate reads:

This is an official document of proof that Jon Doe has successfully obtained the standards of our academy and is herein awarded Black Belt 3rd Dan in Koga Ryu Ninjutsu.

Year 2005 Month 5 Day 21

Tokyo, Japan

Koga Ryu Ninjutsu Society

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This really is a very sad example of the state of being within our society. Must instant gratification dominate every aspect of our culture?

OP
M

MisterMike

davidg553 said:
Did they say how long it would take for you recieve yours in the mail? :partyon:
I had a blank one over-nighted so I can make us both copies. :p

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've stopped being disgusted by these.

like my physical therapist said to me last week,

*pulling up his dress shirt when someone asked me about my rank* "I'm wearing a black belt, but my 16 year old patient here could beat the crap out of me, I wonder how much rank matters anyway?"

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I am the founder of Whata goosai yam style. Say it really really fast.
So I'll tell you rank is the most important thing in the world. Pay me $50 and I'll send you your black belt today.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
someguy said:
Well I am the founder of Whata goosai yam style. Say it really really fast.
So I'll tell you rank is the most important thing in the world. Pay me $50 and I'll send you your black belt today.
Is that related to Owa Tayfoo Liam Style? I am a 10th Dan in that.

Pretty cool that John Doe got his 3rd Dan on my 30th birthday. Coincidense?

I think not.

*disappears*

Fallen Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
Notice how they used a extinct Ninjutsu art to get rank in? Now it can look like whatever you want and there is no reverence to something you don't deserve to know.:CTF:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dood.

Im so buying that.

What the hell was i thinking... actually training and learning technique and skill... wowza!

For 15 bucks I can be CERTIFIED.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Look at all the buyer comments. Something like 46 people bought those. He made a goodly sum. I'm half tempted to collect their e-mails and find out who they are.

Cheez.

Regards,

Steve

RichK

Green Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
why train just buy and overnight you can walk through walls.
I can walk through walls if I get that one??? I already got the one that let's me walk on water!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For 15 bucks I can be CERTIFIED.
I always thought you where certifiable :rofl:

Now as to the cert being offered :mrtoilet: it is a shame but some folks will but the damn thing and con hundreds of people with it

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The sad thing is, I suspect that the guy who made the original certificate is a Bujinkan member who used to live in Japan.

Mark Breckt used to try various ways to make money while living in Japan. One of them was selling Japanese calligraphy and custom orders on e-bay.

At an e-budo drink up, he showed up. Tony Kehoe and I were nearest the door when he came in. For some reason he almost immediatly started talking about how he was forced to make out something for someone he knew would use it to decieve others. He told us that he tried to discourage the other guy by raising the price, but the other guy agreed to it and so he had NO CHOICE but to write it out in Japanese.

I think I stopped Tony from killing him with a look. We pretty much made him feel unwelcome for the rest of the night. Tony made comments that made Brekt feel like he was three inches tall, but refrained from violence and I told him they were true. The fact that he never thought of just refusing the order disgusted me. And Tony is even more excitable about those things than I.

That certificate was well made. If you took it down to a local sushi place and asked a native speaker he could find no fault with it. That is more than most certificates I have seen. One I can recall was issued by the "heavenly dog asssociation" among other things. Now almost 50 people have yet another means of getting money out of those who know no better.

I can't prove it was Breckt. But I know he did something like this. And I am not going to restrain myself if I ever see him again.

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember Wagner Sensei saying something about the translation issue. I wasn't aware it was Mark Brecht though.
I must ask him about it again. But being as I have seen the other certificates given to him from Obata and Kimeda, and the fact I don't read Kanji, this one slipped by me.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bujingodai said:
I remember Wagner Sensei saying something about the translation issue. I wasn't aware it was Mark Brecht though.
I must ask him about it again. But being as I have seen the other certificates given to him from Obata and Kimeda, and the fact I don't read Kanji, this one slipped by me.

So you are saying that Jackson Wagner bought fake certificates off of Breckt?

And of course, how can you tell that the certificates from Kimeda and Obata were legit?

The only certificate I have seen from Wagner preceeded the Breckt story and was quite funny in it's many mistakes. Among other things, it was issued by the "Heavenly Dog Association." Wagner got roasted on e-budo for that.

I quess it would make sense after being burned like that to seek out someone like Breckt who could make a decent certificate. Breckt was known on e-budo and advertised his services there at about the time that Wagner was exposed. It makes sense.

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good trap. No I am going by your story. I have no idea about the certificate. but by what you were saying it would be the same.

As for Kimeda and Obata, hypothetically yes as in anything they could be forged. I did make some equations after seeing Jackson with both Kimeda and Obata on video together working at a fairly high level and in speaking with some of Jacksons former training pals.
Maybe email Jackson and ask him yourself for his explaination. Mind you he has re entered the Military so don't expect a quick response.

Now for a bit. I have never heard Jackson go on about Ninjutsu. His movement has no accent of it either. It is an Aikido based movement, which I would expect with Kimeda having some influence. The sword work, which is where I am told some Ninjutsu schools are present. Again I am not Kenjutsu expert so, I take that at it's word. Jackson is an excellent practitioner of the sword and H2H. Along with that a liscenced first responder, volunteer firefighter, repeller and survival instructor. All of these I have witnessed and seen the proper paperwork. He was a former soldier and is back in the services now. So to be honest he is alot more action than talk.
Beyond that, he would have no problem with anyone at all questioning him personally. Even as much as a challenge. If it did occur, I'd like to watch.
I personally enjoy what he shows me. It doesn't conflict at all with taijutsu training, so I will continue.

But to reiterate, I was going by your original post, as it seemed to make sense as you quoted the certificate that had been supposed to Jackson.
I wasn't admitting anything.