North Wales woman used karate to see off 'attacker'

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nor...ed-karate-to-see-off-attacker-55578-25399806/

Eleanore Sayers, 20, told a jury she was followed for 12 minutes by Nicholas Ian Flood, before he grabbed her around the chest and tried to drag her towards some bushes near her home in Llangoed, near Beaumaris.
Ms Sayers said Flood, 36, of Lime Walk, Wilmslow, then ordered her “to do as she was told”.
Speaking via a video link at Caernarfon Crown Court, Miss Sayers, a karate brown belt holder, said she elbowed Flood in the stomach before punching him in the chest.
Flood was arrested less than an hour later after a massive police search. Police officers found a knife and duct tape in his rucksack.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love hearing stories such as these. I seem to be constantly reading about how karate , tkd , kung fu etc are "of little use in a real life self defence situation". Stories like these prove otherwise.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with the last 2 posters. I too, enjoy hearing success stories like this. +1 for the good guys. :)

Latest Discussions