Non injurious, humane self defense?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
It may not be a popular opinion, but in my experience there's no such animal.

If we're talking about true self defense, any effort you make that is not focused and violent only serves to give the attacker another opportunity to hurt you and increase the odds against you.

Unless you can read minds, you must take any threat made against you seriously. To do less increases the risk of personal harm or worse. If someone tells you they're going to kill you and you dismiss it, then who is to blame when you find yourself in the IC unit?

You have the right and freedom to choose not to take a threat seriously, I do not deny anyone that right but I also have the right to protect myself from percieved threats with action that I deem gives me the best chances of survival. I don't like to gamble so I prefer really good odds.

Therefore, given no alternative but physical confrontation, I will give 100% effort into hurting and eliminating a threat. To do less tilts the scales in the attacker's favor.

And ultimately the degree of injury to the attacker is directly proportional to how much he wants to be injured. If not at all he should refrain from attacking you.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
And ultimately the degree of injury to the attacker is directly proportional to how much he wants to be injured. If not at all he should refrain from attacking you.

Exactly.

I don't like the idea of having any of my bones broken, my nose bloodied, my vision impaired, my knees further damaged, etc, etc, etc... so I don't instigate fights or threaten people.

So, I feel with that taken into consideration anyone that instigates a fight or threatens me must not mind. LOL

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
Exactly.

I don't like the idea of having any of my bones broken, my nose bloodied, my vision impaired, my knees further damaged, etc, etc, etc... so I don't instigate fights or threaten people.

So, I feel with that taken into consideration anyone that instigates a fight or threatens me must not mind. LOL

There is a good way to look at it...

funny.... but true... :)

Latest Discussions