No, really

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This could be so much more fun if there wasn't so much ego in the Art.

How else can you justify changes and goofy rules.

Or people that are eager to cash your check but take months to deliver the goods?

feeling a bit crabby again after I finally got the lead out and updated my own forum, I realize there had been some more changes to the 'Art' while I wasn't looking, some, while annoying, not major, others are real head scratchers.

Takes me back to the big change of forms, when in essence the instructors were left holding the bag, looking like idiots, because much of the change included 'slow down, they may change it yet again'

But obviously that's not the exception, leaders all over giving their members the mushroom treatment: you know, manure diet and dark environment....playing fast and loose with other people's money, like fiddling with equipment and swapping back and forth...I hate the thought of having spend mucho bucks on stuff to only be told 'sorry dear, it's the Beta, not the VHS'

How awesome are we really?

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sounds like you are starting to feel like your org is more hassle than it's worth? If I recall correctly, Granfire, you're not a school owner, so making changes are relatively easy for you as an individual student/instructor. Do what makes you happy.

Benefits of orgs: some measure of rank transferability, tournament opportunities, seminar and advanced training opportunities... Hmm, what else am I missing?

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I suppose there are benefits. I am just too anti social to deal with a lot of nonsense.
I guess I am to OCD to not take offense to unorganized organizations. I like to have a clear line to follow and not something today, and totally differnt tomorrow, drives me bunkers. Can't handle the 'you pay now - and we will cash the check - but you get your goods (certificate or what have you) when ever we get around to it.
Or constant bickering between national organizations...

I guess I just need a helping of Bulgogi and kimchi...;)

Think I can find Bob on Craig's list? :bangahead:

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
<shrugs> I learned a long time ago in business not to associate with inefficient vendors. Their poor practices will inevitably make your own look bad since you rely on them doing their part.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Think I can find Bob on Craig's list? :bangahead:

Maybe if you're in a big city. I've bought some used Wavemasters from a studio that was going out of business. My lead was Craigslist.

If you are an instructor, just open a wholesale account with AWMA. They have BOB and I've been happy with their prices and service.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I could get my friend to aquire one for me ^_^

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Or people that are eager to cash your check but take months to deliver the goods?

feeling a bit crabby again after I finally got the lead out and updated my own forum, I realize there had been some more changes to the 'Art' while I wasn't looking, some, while annoying, not major, others are real head scratchers.

Takes me back to the big change of forms, when in essence the instructors were left holding the bag, looking like idiots, because much of the change included 'slow down, they may change it yet again'

But obviously that's not the exception, leaders all over giving their members the mushroom treatment: you know, manure diet and dark environment....playing fast and loose with other people's money, like fiddling with equipment and swapping back and forth...I hate the thought of having spend mucho bucks on stuff to only be told 'sorry dear, it's the Beta, not the VHS'

I hear you.

Funny thing is that I doubt that any of the changes were made to address any shifts in unarmed combat in the real world (something that would make sense in any art). So often, changes are made to increase profits, satisfy a political agenda, an ego, or to chase after some trend in order to increase profits.

Daniel

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score

Welcome to the club. What took you so long?:rofl:

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, and now that I reread my post as quote I am having serious dejavu issues, are we going through this every year or two?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL, and now that I reread my post as quote I am having serious dejavu issues, are we going through this every year or two?

Sometimes two or three times in one year, you know the club we all belong too is like a bunch of hoodlums waiting for the weak to arrive.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I suggest you start embracing new ways to look at the art instead of atempting to seek out the way it is supposed to be done. This is what levels of understanding are all about. There is no one way to tell you how to move. A mixed martial artist told me one time. There isn't one way to do a move; so, don't tell your self the other ways are wrong, unless you can provide a logic.
Sean

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I suggest you start embracing new ways to look at the art instead of atempting to seek out the way it is supposed to be done. This is what levels of understanding are all about. There is no one way to tell you how to move. A mixed martial artist told me one time. There isn't one way to do a move; so, don't tell your self the other ways are wrong, unless you can provide a logic.
Sean

Well, it's not about how the art is done, more like the people are dealt with.
Sadly the people that put a bunch of life ideal over you seem to think of themselves to be above them...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, it's not about how the art is done, more like the people are dealt with.
Sadly the people that put a bunch of life ideal over you seem to think of themselves to be above them...
On the other hand, there are always other schools which will adhere to a more professional standard. It may be time to shop around.
Sean

Latest Discussions