Ninjutsu on Discovery Channel

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Why does every other thread in this forum degrade into a "These guys are frauds" thread?

That would be because morons like to come on and say "Hayes is S**t, and if it was Dux who was there, he'd a kumateyed all der a$$es," or something to that effect.

and, btw, I can break the bottom brick too. Musta been my Dim Mak chi power, instead of simple physics. :rolleyes:

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Why does every other thread in this forum degrade into a "These guys are frauds" thread?

In this case because Ralph Severe complained about there not being enough mention of Hatsumi since he was the only living succesor of a ninjutsu tradition, Sojobow took issue and hell was let loose.

DuckofDeath

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
and, btw, I can break the bottom brick too. Musta been my Dim Mak chi power, instead of simple physics. :rolleyes:

Are you sure it wasn't that dime between the last brick and the one on top of it?

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
DuckofDeath said:
Dux himself describes his ability to break the bottom brick in the stack as being dim mak on page 65 of The Secret Man. There's also a picture of him doing this in the photo illustrations (although with not as many bricks as in the movie).

Every now and then, let the person a question is asked of, answer the question himself or herself. In this case, the question was directed to Mr. Roley. It's hard, but try anyway.

Also, the Don Roley Rules of Ingagement state that any answer to a subject regarding Hanshi is not acceptable as truth if the source of the answer is FrankDux.com or Frank Dux himself as nothing "he" says considered a correct answer. Thus, your interjections do not qualify or are relavent to the subject.

But I do hope everyone goes out and buys the book for their own enlightenment.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sojobow said:
Also, the Don Roley Rules of Ingagement state that any answer to a subject regarding Hanshi is not acceptable as truth if the source of the answer is FrankDux.com or Frank Dux himself as nothing "he" says considered a correct answer.

Ah, your little rewriting of the facts. One of your more endearing traits.

If Fank Dux, FrankDux.com, etc says something but there is no other proof I will not accept it as independently verifiable proof.

And it is that independent type of proof that is required when assesing claims, and which Frank Dux with his claims of being taught the Koga yamabushi ryu, etc, can not provide.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
I fail to see how reading a work of blatant self-aggrandizement can result in "enlightenment" ---- unless, of course, you mean for hints on how not to live your life.

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Man this threads hit bottom......"eject goose!!! eject!! eject!! eject!!"

I too, have a similar recognition. Thus, there is no need of anyone replying to any post I have made regarding the Frank Dux Controversy. Mr. Roley need not attempt an answer to the two questions I have asked more than once. I will be interested in others thoughts on the Discovery Channel subject, however, I will no longer participate in any further discussions off-subject and definately no discussions regarding Hanshi's Controversy.

thanx

DuckofDeath

Orange Belt
Reaction score
sojobow said:
But I do hope everyone goes out and buys the book for their own enlightenment.

So am I correct in assuming that you yourself have purchased The Secret Man for your own enlightenment? I remember chiding you on the Frank Dux Forum for being unfamiliar with that marvelous tome. Desirous of a double portion of enlightenment, I purchased a second copy as a backup and made a most interesting discovery. My first copy was a "library discard" that still had the little stamped card in the pocket which showed the book was first checked out shortly after publication. The book had two forewords, the first by retired SEAL Team Five Commander Larry W. Simmons, the second by Maj. Gen. Anatoly Pavlovich Kornienko; there was also a photo of Dux and Simmons together in the illustrations section. The second copy lacked both the foreword by Simmons and the picture of Simmons and Dux together. I wonder why the publisher stopped the presses and removed the Simmons material?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So...

To bring this back on topic, and to tie it in with another thread here...

Did anyone notice the "Ninja-to" on the wall in the museum in Iga when they were touring it?

Is that "fictionalized" for the masses?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
So...

To bring this back on topic, and to tie it in with another thread here...

Did anyone notice the "Ninja-to" on the wall in the museum in Iga when they were touring it?

Is that "fictionalized" for the masses?

Yep. I remember it from ten years or so ago when I went there. The version they had on display with all the trappings was the same Taiwan model I used to own. I did not see with my own two eyes anything historical that matched it. I have seen photos of the museum where it looks like there may be one, but I do not know if that is just a trick of the angle it was taken in. Some people said that Hatsumi was using a straight version of the ninja to in one of his books, but that turns out to be just a case of the angle he held it in relation to the camera.

Reaction score
Is this an example of what you're referring to?

http://www.frankdux.com/facts/padgett/intro.htm

Do you think John Padgett II is a figment of Dux's imagination?
John Padgett II was a real person. He passed away December of 2002. He was a close friend of mine and I trained with him at the Dux Ryu schools in WA
State. One which used to be on Military Road that is now a chocolate factory with an instructor named Zura Goodpaster, and a couple others that had been in Burien WA with Master Michael Cairns. The last of which was called The Underground Dojo and was located underneath Pauls Burger Joint. Anyway, John did exist and was in the Navy. However I can't prove or disprove whether or not he went to Russia. I was in the Marines during that time and did not have any contact with him while I was on active duty. When I did return to training at the dojo, John did tell me directly that he had gone to Russia with Frank Dux and had trained with some military people there. But it doesn't mean Frank Dux was "the trainer of the special forces". He could have just held a seminar for them or taken a tour of the base and gotten pictures taken. I'd say the real proof would be to get a copy of Frank Dux's Passport and look for the stamps to see if he was really there. But you cant really do much more than take Frank's word for it beyond that.

John was a good man and was like older brother to me. I met him when I was twelve when I started training at the Military Road school. He had a love for Ferrets and we would volunteer at a Ferret shelter on Vashon Island in WA on Sunday's, cleaning cages and helping the owner, Ed, with the animals. He loved his only son Tre, more than life itself and was the best father that he could be for the time he was around.

Please set aside any Frank Dux shenanigans and remember that John was a real person and loved by his friends and family who miss him dearly.