Ninja - Where to Train?

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Finding a real instructor of the mystic arts can be rough.
Where are the instructors?

Kurohana

White Belt
Reaction score
They're out there. You just have to look hard. You may not find one of the bat, but train with someone and he/she may direct you to one that may fill your bill. You can try winjutsu.com for a listing of Bujinkan dojos and training groups. Maybe there you'll find what you are looking for.

Remember not all of the instructors get into the "mystic" side of the art. Some may concentrate solely on Taijutsu. Others may not advertise the more mystic side, but approach you about it adfter they get to know you. And there is really nothing mystic about it. Just understanding and education.

althaur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure if you do a search on the web, you will find plenty. Winjutsu.com is the way to go for Bujinkan. Maybe you should'nt make your questions so broad. Makes it rather difficult to answer. In truth you can find insructors all over. If you are looking for a mystic teacher, I suggest you find one of the less reputable "systems" since they seem to be more inclined to the mystic mumbo jumbo.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i think you can look on
www.bujinkan.org
there are other schools out there. it all depends on you. i recommend you do multiple searches on the web and you might find a school you like. in my opinion... check out their web site thoroughly. if it is cheap or low rent site... you might want to look elsewhere. nowadays a school that takes pride in itself should probably have a nice website. not like a geocities, anglefire, homestead deal.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Kurohana said:
They're out there. You just have to look hard. You may not find one of the bat, but train with someone and he/she may direct you to one that may fill your bill. You can try winjutsu.com for a listing of Bujinkan dojos and training groups. Maybe there you'll find what you are looking for.

Remember not all of the instructors get into the "mystic" side of the art. Some may concentrate solely on Taijutsu. Others may not advertise the more mystic side, but approach you about it adfter they get to know you. And there is really nothing mystic about it. Just understanding and education.

www.winjutsu.com for Bujinkan schools in your area. Visit several before making a decision. Travel may be required to find a good teacher.

All understanding (mystic or otherwise) comes from taijutsu.

Steve Kovalcik

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I guess a question would be - "Does Ninjutsu -have- mysticism?"

Also, other than Bujinkan, what other organizations are there?

Kurohana

White Belt
Reaction score
Define "mysticism". Not try to be a smarty pants, but different people define it depending on what "they" want to hear about it.

Other schools? I'm biased, admittedly so, to Takamatsu related schools, so I would have to go with the Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan. I can't answer questions about the G and J'kan, as I'm not a student of either. And there are other people here who can answer questions about the Bujinkan better than me. There are probably other schools out there, but their legitimacy may be harder to verify.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:

I donno what you'd call 'mysticim', but I'm pretty blown away by the non-physical things I discover in training. All of these things are, however, found IN and accessible ONLY through the physical part of the training.

Steve Kovalcik

OP
Bester

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Thank you.

I knew there were some good starting points but only knew of the Bujinkan. I knew of the Genbukan and Jinenkan, but lacked the right spellings so couldn't find much info.

I found http://www.ninjutsu.com which is Mr. Van Donks site.
I also found http://www.bujinkan.com/ and http://www.bujinkan.org. The later of which looks to have a good school listing. www.winjutsu.com looked good as well.

Thank you. :D

As to the "Mystic", I was not asking specifically about 'mysticism'. Just looking for information on where to start.

I know theres also been some discussion about Mr. Hayes in here as well.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:

i'm in r.t.m.s. (rick tew's martial science) also known as "tew-ryu ninjitsu" i believe that it is an exceptional school. you can find more info at:
www.ninjitsu.com
www.totalwarrior.com

he has also written some informative articles regarding ninjitsu/ninjutsu training. as far as mysticism... well we don't practice the hocus pocus stuff.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:

There is the Bujinkan, Genbukan, Jinenkan... the Quest Centers...

All Takamatsu based Ninpo.

Dux-Ryu, Tew-Ryu, Saito-ryu, etc... all "independant" schools, with "independant" backgrounds.

Im sure there are more... but those are the ones that come off the top of my head

Latest Discussions