Nice!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
We just started winter and it's a whole whopping 0 degrees already. It's not fit for man or beast outside! Man, I hate winter.
I hear ya talking my brother..We here on the Northcoast are freezing our butts
off and it's only December, the worst is yet to come I fear...

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah man. The snow is starting here just a little bit ago. I'm hoping that my wife decides not to drive to your neck of the woods to make christmas cookies :rolleyes: . I'm supposed to go up there anyway on saturday. Let's hope it clears up before I have to make my 100 mile drive saturday.

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dr. Kenpo said:
Great time for you to go bike ridin'.:rolleyes:
I didn't get the bike out but yesterday on my way home I seen a couple of people riding their bikes on the trails. It was about 30 at that time. Besides, leave my bike out of this.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
Yeah man. The snow is starting here just a little bit ago. I'm hoping that my wife decides not to drive to your neck of the woods to make christmas cookies :rolleyes: . I'm supposed to go up there anyway on saturday. Let's hope it clears up before I have to make my 100 mile drive saturday.
I'm hoping we don't get the freezing rain that's supposedly coming, since I have to drive to my parent's house on friday morning... :(

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's raining here.....I'll take rain over snow anyday. :)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Today
Dec 22 Partly Cloudy 50°/41° 20 %
Thu
Dec 23 Rain 51°/25° 80 %
Fri
Dec 24 Mostly Cloudy 35°/14° 10 %
Sat
Dec 25 Few Snow Showers 21°/8°

Right now it's 32 degrees.. going up to 51 tomorrow.. dropping to 8 on Christmas.. what kinda nonsense is this~!!!
*growls*

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im sitting here in Dispatch looking out the window and IT'S STARTING TO SNOW AGAIN.....ARRRUUUGGGHHHH...

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
Today
Dec 22 Partly Cloudy 50°/41° 20 %
Thu
Dec 23 Rain 51°/25° 80 %
Fri
Dec 24 Mostly Cloudy 35°/14° 10 %
Sat
Dec 25 Few Snow Showers 21°/8°

Right now it's 32 degrees.. going up to 51 tomorrow.. dropping to 8 on Christmas.. what kinda nonsense is this~!!!
*growls*

Well you can always come visit the Ohio folk, Tess... We're not going to see 51 till sometime next week MAYBE... It's all 30degrees and downhill here. :(

Oh, and factor in the 8"+ of snow...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
Well you can always come visit the Ohio folk, Tess... We're not going to see 51 till sometime next week MAYBE... It's all 30degrees and downhill here. :(

Oh, and factor in the 8"+ of snow...
You'll be clicking your heels together and chanting "There's no place like home" after a few minutes of our wonderful Ohio weather..

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know if the rest of you are digging out but I was out 3 different times today. I could only take so much shoveling in 20 degree weather at a time. A snow plow threw so much on my cavalier that it was embedded into a pile of snow and ice up to the hood. :rolleyes: Dangit, I was trying to shovel that out for about an hour and a half. It still isn't out yet.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sitting here listening to the wind and rain driving against the windows and rattling them. It got up into the high 50s today, but I was freezing at work because the wind came right through that old house (100+ years old -- Tess, I hear ya, honey!)

Had to dodge a plummeting tree limb on the way home.

At least the !#$%^&* snow is gone...

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am quite comfortable right here in Huntington Beach, California. The ocean mediates the warming and cooling trends experienced by towns a mere 20 miles inland. Pretty much 76 degrees almost all the time. May get a little warmer during the day (80), or cooler at night (65), but always comfy.

Born in New Mexico; moved to Hawaii (still a baby); then from Hawaii to Huntington Beach. Have never had to dig my car out of snow, and can't for the life of me figure out why someone would ever live somewhere that they had to. Aren't there better uses of your time and effort? Surfing? (5 minutes away). Skiing? (1.5 hours away). Hiking or boldering in the desert? (1 hour away).

Yep. I hate the traffic and the people, but Southern California is da place to be.

Dave

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
We just started winter and it's a whole whopping 0 degrees already. It's not fit for man or beast outside! Man, I hate winter.

I love my 4x4, as with the 8 inches in the drive way plus drifts, I just drive out and in with no problems even over the plow drift :D. It is fun to play in the snow.

Now, that said, I do not like the below '0' F degrees nor the long drives in the slush and ice.

:ultracool

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nalia said:
It's zero!

OMG if it was only zero here we would be dancing in the streets and having a party!
:partyon:

I woke up to -24.8 farenheit this morning! Come live in Winterpeg Manisnowba for a season, then you can complain ;)

Or Superior, WI! It was -22 F this morning. I went to finish some last minute christmas shopping and it was so cold the heater froze on my car!

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
-8 out right now. Probably be close to -15 by morning. I guess I'm lucky enough to be on the other half of town that has electric. The other half has been out for 2 days now.

Dr. Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
-8 out right now. Probably be close to -15 by morning. I guess I'm lucky enough to be on the other half of town that has electric. The other half has been out for 2 days now.
It's freakin' snowing, and sleeting here in South Texas, and I blame you JFarnsworth!!!:whip:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I love my 4x4, as with the 8 inches in the drive way plus drifts, I just drive out and in with no problems even over the plow drift :D. It is fun to play in the snow.

Now, that said, I do not like the below '0' F degrees nor the long drives in the slush and ice.

:ultracool
8 inches, is that all??? With the drifts I must have close to 2 feet in mine and I love my 4x4 too..With all the snow that fell in Downtown I had no problem getting home..

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, you rebs tell me....is it true that the mere mention of snow causes panic? I've heard tales of crowds decending on stores to stock up on bread n milk, of states of emergency being called, etc...all over 1/2" of snow being predicted.

We got about a foot+ yesterday, lake effect snow (ie zero visibility), the roads were ice rinks. Went to the inlaws for xmas-eve dinner at the high speed of 20mph in 4wheel mode. Today, its clear and sunny, with sunlight gleaming off the plow pile thats 3ft high across my driveway....

I hate snow.

You rebs got room down in the warm sunny South for 1 more damnyankee? :D

Latest Discussions