New to Wing Chung

S

scorned27

Any recommendations outside of forms what to practice at home to improve technique and speed?

brothershaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
scorned27 said:
Any recommendations outside of forms what to practice at home to improve technique and speed?

Alot of punchs, all the strikes you have learned so far, in various combinations so you get comfortable with them. Dont forget the kicks.No other way than endless repetition.

OP
M

MACdojang

brothershaw said:
Alot of punchs, all the strikes you have learned so far, in various combinations so you get comfortable with them. Dont forget the kicks.No other way than endless repetition.

And lets not forget just practicing the horse stance. The lower the better, to build up those thigh muscles. If you have a strong horse, then you don't have to think about it in practice. If your horse is weak, then you'll get your sifu always nagging you for proper posture and stance, and you end up learning less of the good stuff!

The Mark

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I would recommend what has been stated already. Work the basics. And then work the basics. And then work the basics. It is not exciting but it pays off in the long run.

Stay in your stance. Work it. Don't get ahead of yourself. Practice for precision in placement and movement. Work on how the motions are connected and how each is done. Feel it in your body. Speed will come out of that. Then power.

I started in kickboxing and I shadowboxed slowly to work on my coordination and found that in sparring speed started coming out and power increased.

You just started so you have to make a map for your motions. You make a survey and clear the way and start with bulldozers etc. Don't rush to the blacktop with 4 lanes. It will come IF you put in your time.

Just my 2 cents. Your mileage may vary

Mark

scorned27 said:

Latest Discussions