How different are the Wing Chung lineages?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't disagree. Just a couple of different ways of looking at the same thing. My response was more for the original poster. I wouldn't want them believing its easy enough to label all Wing Chun as "Foshan" and that its all the same, as it all comes from the same source. At a minimum there is several old Chan family lineages, Yiu Choi WC, Cheung Bo WC, Pan Nam WC, Ip Man (early) WC, varieties of YKS WC and many others all being currently practiced in Foshan. All, whilst being distinctly and irrefutably WC, are still all quite different.

Good discussion. Thank you. I'm off, some silliness on another thread has discouraged me from participating and contributing further. Wish you all well.

Well, farewell to Sam. He seemed to have some interesting points to contribute, but didn't have much stomach for others disagreeing with him. And that happens a lot on a forum. I mean we are here for discussion right? Certainly I've been told-off more than a few times. Sometimes rightly, other times by by ignorant yobs. So what? IMHO, if that bothers you, probably best to move on. All the best --Steve

Latest Discussions