New Student: when will you quit?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this have to do with the lack of martial arts instructor?

I'm trying to bring knowledge, then outdo those that do not use it by using said knowledge. In the end the culture should evolve and that's my goal.

No.
I wanted to know your reasons for joining basically, what you were looking for. As it says we are a discussion group, a martial arts discussion group.

You haven't brought knowledge, you've brought your opinion, which is fine we can discuss that, we can agree, disagree or say 'meh'. You aren't out doing anyone, basically because your knowledge is flawed. You've come here with the idea that you are talking to country bumpkins, only to find that the make up of members here is wide, scientists,medics, military, academics, engineers and much, much more.

What culture? My culture is very different from yours, in fact I'm part of several cultures as most people are. If you mean the 'martial arts culture' even there you will find different cultures.

Are you trying to teach us to fight? Or are you saying we should all have brain injuries so we can fight better? Your words on military PTSD are seriously bang out of order, it's clear you have no knowledge or expertise in the subject you think you are educating us on.

I'm going to reiterate my concerns for you over your fixation and incorrect statements on anger and aggression. I think your thoughts on this along with your hyper vigilance will lead you to do something that will be regrettable and perhaps tragic.

If you post statements/facts we agree with, then we will say we agree, we aren't arguing for the sake of it. However much of what you wrote is unintelligible sadly, please read and see if you can rectify some of your writing. If you want us to accept your views, you have to do is give us the courtesy of accepting ours, then we can have an interesting and fruitful discussion, it won't necessarily change anyone's mind (it won't change facts either) but is a pleasant way to spend some time as well as give good for thought.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the belated honesty.

So to echo @Tez3, why do you believe you can come here to a martial arts forum, with zero martial arts training yourself, and “school” a bunch of martial arts folks? People here who have decades in training, likely decades more than you have been alive in many cases. We can see through your nonsense. This isn’t difficult. Why do you do it?

If you are genuinely interested in martial arts, then this is a place where you can find a lot of informed opinions and good information, even among those of us who often disagree about things. But you need to drop the nonsense and start listening and you can then learn something. If you cannot do that, you will only find derision.
Well all excellence is decided by the competition but I haven't met anyone here that thinks they can beat Mike Tyson in a fight, MMA kind of fight even. His training is not a secret and it boils down to physical prowess of which there is a GREAT mental component but I'm not getting much engagement on that matter, and then a specific technique to avoid punches mostly -- but he was TOUGH.
So everyone here that has "decades of training" loses to a guy with maybe 5 - 8 years of training and no one is interested in how they can learn by example.
You yourself need to drop the nonsense and learn. You think you know better like everyone else here, hence the severe lack of engagement with the topic and all attention directed at my character and personal ability. None of you have anything to teach me. If I want to learn some specific techniques I can quite literally google it. What separates the best from not-the-best is not technique even, it's plain and simple.

I will continue to confront you and everyone else's need to have authority, I won't let anyone try and limit my potential. You all limit your own potential even what in the hell is the point. Absolutely unnecessary.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No.
I wanted to know your reasons for joining basically, what you were looking for. As it says we are a discussion group, a martial arts discussion group.

You haven't brought knowledge, you've brought your opinion, which is fine we can discuss that, we can agree, disagree or say 'meh'. You aren't out doing anyone, basically because your knowledge is flawed. You've come here with the idea that you are talking to country bumpkins, only to find that the make up of members here is wide, scientists,medics, military, academics, engineers and much, much more.

What culture? My culture is very different from yours, in fact I'm part of several cultures as most people are. If you mean the 'martial arts culture' even there you will find different cultures.

Are you trying to teach us to fight? Or are you saying we should all have brain injuries so we can fight better? Your words on military PTSD are seriously bang out of order, it's clear you have no knowledge or expertise in the subject you think you are educating us on.

I'm going to reiterate my concerns for you over your fixation and incorrect statements on anger and aggression. I think your thoughts on this along with your hyper vigilance will lead you to do something that will be regrettable and perhaps tragic.

If you post statements/facts we agree with, then we will say we agree, we aren't arguing for the sake of it. However much of what you wrote is unintelligible sadly, please read and see if you can rectify some of your writing. If you want us to accept your views, you have to do is give us the courtesy of accepting ours, then we can have an interesting and fruitful discussion, it won't necessarily change anyone's mind (it won't change facts either) but is a pleasant way to spend some time as well as give good for thought.
I haven't brought too much in the way of knowledge yet because NO ONE WILL HAVE A GOD DAMNED DISCUSSION. It all falls to the TANGENT of my own ability. No one here is willing to discuss reality just my own ability and there is a CONSTANT GOD FORSAKEN NEED BY ALL OF YOU TO DRAW ATTENTION TO ME instead of the TOPIC.

This is ridiculous and the only reason I'm not swearing every other sentence is I'll get banned. Can ANYONE talk about the topic without it being about how knowlegdeable and great you all are you egotistical bastards.

Stop talking about me. Please. I'm not that important here. I have spoken to more people with greater backgrounds than you know. Stop talking about how great you all are. I don't care about irrelevant things. Talk about the topic. How does your background relate to the topic at hand? No matter what it is, if it's relevant, I will discuss it with you.

ffs none of you can have an argument even. How the hell is there discussion if one can't discuss anything if there's a disagreement? You get that right? Just falling on your credentials is lazy and ridiculous. That's not productive discourse. EVOLVE. PUT IN EFFORT. Please. Stop talking about how credible you are or discredible I am, all that matters is the TOPIC AT HAND. Focus on the discussion. Communicate.

Please.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well all excellence is decided by the competition but I haven't met anyone here that thinks they can beat Mike Tyson in a fight, MMA kind of fight even. His training is not a secret and it boils down to physical prowess of which there is a GREAT mental component but I'm not getting much engagement on that matter, and then a specific technique to avoid punches mostly -- but he was TOUGH.
So everyone here that has "decades of training" loses to a guy with maybe 5 - 8 years of training and no one is interested in how they can learn by example.
You yourself need to drop the nonsense and learn. You think you know better like everyone else here, hence the severe lack of engagement with the topic and all attention directed at my character and personal ability. None of you have anything to teach me. If I want to learn some specific techniques I can quite literally google it. What separates the best from not-the-best is not technique even, it's plain and simple.

I will continue to confront you and everyone else's need to have authority, I won't let anyone try and limit my potential. You all limit your own potential even what in the hell is the point. Absolutely unnecessary.
He got in the ring in 1985, and stayed in the ring until 2005, so that's much more than 5-8 years of training. Also, we all know how he got so good-motivation, genetics, a good coach, and mental will. It's not exactly some huge shock that you'd be informing us of. And you show your ignorance with statements like "If I want to learn some specific techniques I can quite literally google it". That's the part that you need the trainer for, not how to get tough. Which you'll probably learn if you ever do decide to enter a ring with your youtube'd techniques.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well all excellence is decided by the competition but I haven't met anyone here that thinks they can beat Mike Tyson in a fight.

How do you know that? You know very little about the folks who train here. For what it's worth, I will say I don't think many folks anywhere could beat Tyson in a fight when he was in his prime. Nowadays? I can think of a few folks on this forum I'd give even odds.

on the other hand, a few folks on this forum probably believe they could take Mike Tyson, and I sure would love to see them try. Would be truly eye opening for them, I expect... like watching a bad American Idol audition... the moment they realize they've been lied to.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
He got in the ring in 1985, and stayed in the ring until 2005, so that's much more than 5-8 years of training. Also, we all know how he got so good-motivation, genetics, a good coach, and mental will. It's not exactly some huge shock that you'd be informing us of. And you show your ignorance with statements like "If I want to learn some specific techniques I can quite literally google it". That's the part that you need the trainer for, not how to get tough. Which you'll probably learn if you ever do decide to enter a ring with your youtube'd techniques.
More than 5 - 8 years but he was pretty good early enough in his career.

GENETICS. God I hate this one. Just because you don't understand and want a reason to stop comparing yourself to the guy EVERYONE JUST PULLS GENETICS OUT OF THEIR HAT. Please stop making crap up like everyone else. Pure ego defense mechanism. Genetics is the scapegoat explanation.
Motivation and mental will, sure. He put in the work, was aggressive to begin with, and wanted to destroy other fighters. It's not a huge shock or informative but the BEGINNING of this discussion. Why is there a lack of will and motivation to become the best here? Where is it? Why is there a lack of will and motivation in general?
Now technique can be developed with a camera and or mirror and by comparing to others, or improvised and possibly quite original through experience. The #1 thing going for guys like Tyson is his basic attributes. Physical and Mental. Now there are different kinds of top level fighters, some have quicker reflexes and can slip punches by seeing them basically. This would reduce the need for such technique, so theoretically if Mike Tyson had quicker reflexes and good eyes he could just slip punches by seeing them, without any technique.
This would be a fighter that can destroy everyone with 0 technique trained. It's not that difficult to imagine either. If you have an intelligent fighter, very intelligent, with quick reflexes and great eyes, tough and powerful like Mike Tyson, he could use and pick up 100 techniques just by seeing them or create his own without needing to worry about that.

It's just a fact that the very simple basic attributes of a person determine their success. That means physical attributes but mental ones as well. That means IQ too. Willpower. Intelligence. Emotional strength. Courage. Physical strength. Speed. Agility. So on and so forth.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
How do you know that? You know very little about the folks who train here. For what it's worth, I will say I don't think many folks anywhere could beat Tyson in a fight when he was in his prime. Nowadays? I can think of a few folks on this forum I'd give even odds.

on the other hand, a few folks on this forum probably believe they could take Mike Tyson, and I sure would love to see them try. Would be truly eye opening for them, I expect... like watching a bad American Idol audition... the moment they realize they've been lied to.
If competition is low then there is less motivation to become the best. Competition can be better or worse in every sport in whatever decade for instance. Evolution is driven by pressure basically. If you see excellence you strive higher. If you don't even realize that someone can deadlift 1100 lbs, and most people can train to deadlift 700 lbs, I don't think most people training and trying right now to reach that goal would be.
I don't know who is lying to who about their ability. Pretty sure everyone that thinks they can take Mike Tyson come to that conclusion on their own man.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

GENETICS. God I hate this one. Just because you don't understand and want a reason to stop comparing yourself to the guy EVERYONE JUST PULLS GENETICS OUT OF THEIR HAT. Please stop making crap up like everyone else. Pure ego defense mechanism. Genetics is the scapegoat explanation.
Motivation and mental will, sure. He put in the work, was aggressive to begin with, and wanted to destroy other fighters. It's not a huge shock or informative but the BEGINNING of this discussion. Why is there a lack of will and motivation to become the best here? Where is it? Why is there a lack of will and motivation in general?
Now technique can be developed with a camera and or mirror and by comparing to others, or improvised and possibly quite original through experience. The #1 thing going for guys like Tyson is his basic attributes. Physical and Mental. Now there are different kinds of top level fighters, some have quicker reflexes and can slip punches by seeing them basically. This would reduce the need for such technique, so theoretically if Mike Tyson had quicker reflexes and good eyes he could just slip punches by seeing them, without any technique.
This would be a fighter that can destroy everyone with 0 technique trained. It's not that difficult to imagine either. If you have an intelligent fighter, very intelligent, with quick reflexes and great eyes, tough and powerful like Mike Tyson, he could use and pick up 100 techniques just by seeing them or create his own without needing to worry about that.

It's just a fact that the very simple basic attributes of a person determine their success. That means physical attributes but mental ones as well. That means IQ too. Willpower. Intelligence. Emotional strength. Courage. Physical strength. Speed. Agility. So on and so forth.
Genetics are a huge factor. The most obvious/visible example would be in a different sport-basketball. If you're too small, height-wise, your chances of playing in the NBA are extremely reduced. Not the only factor, but a clear difference. Other sports don't have the obvious visible thing like height, but it's there.

Also, who said that there is a lack of will and motivation to become the best? What are you using to measure that? We have at least one former olympic tkd'er in this forum, from what I recall. I've trained and fenced with olympic fencers and brought the same amount of motivation for those years. One of the people you've been arguing with, IIRC, manages UFC events. I'm sure others on here have their own similar strives to be the best.

Also, if you want to become the best, you should learn technique. I can't think of a single elite fighter that has no technique/skill. They are far better than the average person in that regard, even those that are known for just being tough or having quick reflexes.

Finally-along the lines of what Steve said, there are people on here who I'd put money on over Tyson nowadays. Full disclosure- I would not include myself on that list. There are also people I'd put over Tyson when he was 18. Prime, not so much.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad I didn't word it correctly. I NEVER have trained with ANYONE besides ~10 instances of sparring with friends. Not ducking anything.
So, to sum up... you have no training, no education, and no experience, but you think you know more than people who have both MA training and academic credentials. Gotcha. #facepalm

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I have a friend who is 125 lbs max. He's a little guy. Tough as heck, very skilled. Marine veteran, BJJ black belt, excellent boxing, cardio for days... never gets tired. But he'll never be a big person, and he will always be giving up a significant advantage to his coach, who is a 260 lbs BJJ black belt. The bear can't help being a bear. Genetics. It's a thing.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Genetics are a huge factor. The most obvious/visible example would be in a different sport-basketball. If you're too small, height-wise, your chances of playing in the NBA are extremely reduced. Not the only factor, but a clear difference. Other sports don't have the obvious visible thing like height, but it's there.

Also, who said that there is a lack of will and motivation to become the best? What are you using to measure that? We have at least one former olympic tkd'er in this forum, from what I recall. I've trained and fenced with olympic fencers and brought the same amount of motivation for those years. One of the people you've been arguing with, IIRC, manages UFC events. I'm sure others on here have their own similar strives to be the best.

Also, if you want to become the best, you should learn technique. I can't think of a single elite fighter that has no technique/skill. They are far better than the average person in that regard, even those that are known for just being tough or having quick reflexes.

Finally-along the lines of what Steve said, there are people on here who I'd put money on over Tyson nowadays. Full disclosure- I would not include myself on that list. There are also people I'd put over Tyson when he was 18. Prime, not so much.
Haha the point about NBA isn't that bad but height is an oddly specific trait. It isn't general ability and there have been people as short as 5'10 or something in NBA with a good career. Eddie Hall, world record deadlift and generally peak strongman is 6'3 and everyone else in the sport tends to be a few inches taller at least.
It's a false equivalency because you're trying to explain the result with something you imagine to be the cause: Genetics. You have no clue if it's genetics.
Only somewhat tangential: You have no clue why someone grows incredibly tall either, since such people are usually unusually tall within their extended family as well. There are hormones responsible for height and if these glands are over-stimulated while they're growing (for WHATEVER reason, including inheritences that may or MAY NOT be genetics) they tend to be taller. I wouldn't be so reductive, it makes no sense being so presumptuous! You don't know what you don't know! Dead serious here.

Technique is definitely important I agree. The point remains that intelligence, mind-body, creativity and learning capacity determines what you can both CREATE and train for with or without a coach. If you have trouble with technique, you have trouble with technique. If it's easy for you, it's easy for you. The cause is intelligence, mind-body and/or proprioception (mental sense of body location, can you touch your elbow with eyes close ez pz high speed, can you balance on one leg with eyes closed, AND SO ON), visualization ability (easy to train and really really helps shadow boxing/ fighting), concentration, diffuse awareness (force of which determines feel for environment, sense of people around you, so on), experience using the body in physical tasks, strength, speed, and conditioning. Technique is determined by the fighter not the coach. Anyone can create their own technique and if their mind is LOGICAL, VIGOROUS AND INTELLIGENT THEY WILL SUCCEED.

Given that fighting is about feedback of performance I'm surprised there isn't some commonly circulated training paradigm and sense of priority. It's left to coaches and their sporadic research and experience to figure stuff out. Lack of culture is holding back the population of competitors but not the few with the ability to "Quest" well. Questing for knowledge, insight, piecing things together and having the goal in mind at all times, constantly working for it. That's me.

How does one measure motivation and will? How does one build their diligence and willpower? With this I think you'll find human beings are quite lacking. Humans like to specialize in things that make their life easier. That's just the species. How do you specialize in making your life more difficult haha? Everyone getting into something wants it sorted out and a rubric and standards and training methods to follow and work for. This is part of human weakness but being part of its creation should be better than the created product. In this way one's engagement with the goal, concepts, training paradigms, information, should be the training and such always CREATES culture and the products BECOME the culture. So why is there so little of this? !?!?!?!??!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

I know the goal of a common training paradigm and common perspective is difficult but you can't reach that without confrontation, contention and difficulty.

Much of this is for another thread though.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If competition is low then there is less motivation to become the best.
Competitive spirit can be a great motivator, but prioritizing being the best at something can actually be counter productive. For some, with the right combination of skills, traits, and natural aptitude, it may motivate them to excellence. For others, the need to be "the best" would discourage them from taking risks, because they may rather be the biggest fish in a small pond than risk being exposed as being mediocre.

Competition can be better or worse in every sport in whatever decade for instance. Evolution is driven by pressure basically.

Developing expertise is not evolution. It's learning a skill and getting better at it.

If you see excellence you strive higher. If you don't even realize that someone can deadlift 1100 lbs, and most people can train to deadlift 700 lbs, I don't think most people training and trying right now to reach that goal would be.

This may be true, but what if someone has no interest in deadlifting 700 lbs? What if they prioritize something else? It seems like what you're doing is projecting your own priorities onto other people. I have absolutely zero interest in being able to take Mike Tyson in an MMA match.

I don't know who is lying to who about their ability. Pretty sure everyone that thinks they can take Mike Tyson come to that conclusion on their own man.
Yeah, like I said, as I think about the people who post on this forum, I can think of a few that I'd put some money on.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have a friend who is 125 lbs max. He's a little guy. Tough as heck, very skilled. Marine veteran, BJJ black belt, excellent boxing, cardio for days... never gets tired. But he'll never be a big person, and he will always be giving up a significant advantage to his coach, who is a 260 lbs BJJ black belt. The bear can't help being a bear. Genetics. It's a thing.

BS plenty of scrawny dudes full cardio athlete have become big when they seriously sat down, sick of being small, and started lifting weights with training methodologies that WORK for EVERYONE. You are stuck in the past man you are way out of the loop. The culture in so many places has evolved way past where you're at in your perspective man. Other places have taken the scrawny cardio junkies and turned them into mass monsters I assure you. It has NOTHING to do with genetics. Epigenetics? Fine. You can say it's about expression of DNA. Amazing non-point. Because everyone has control over the expression of their genes man.
If your friend is willing to read up on weight lifting, strength training, he will experience mass gains. Use 5 - 10 rep range, 5 sets. That's about 75% of his max on the barbell lifts. Max reps on last set. Squat heavy 4x a week. Deadlift at least once a week, 1 set for 5 reps (using most weight you can). Just tell him to read Starting Strength and he will most definitely go up in size. He needs to EAT there is nothing genetics about it. It's metabolic. He's just burning up all his fuel it's as simple as that.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
BS plenty of scrawny dudes full cardio athlete have become big when they seriously sat down, sick of being small, and started lifting weights with training methodologies that WORK for EVERYONE. You are stuck in the past man you are way out of the loop. The culture in so many places has evolved way past where you're at in your perspective man. Other places have taken the scrawny cardio junkies and turned them into mass monsters I assure you. It has NOTHING to do with genetics. Epigenetics? Fine. You can say it's about expression of DNA. Amazing non-point. Because everyone has control over the expression of their genes man.
If your friend is willing to read up on weight lifting, strength training, he will experience mass gains. Use 5 - 10 rep range, 5 sets. That's about 75% of his max on the barbell lifts. Max reps on last set. Squat heavy 4x a week. Deadlift at least once a week, 1 set for 5 reps (using most weight you can). Just tell him to read Starting Strength and he will most definitely go up in size. He needs to EAT there is nothing genetics about it. It's metabolic. He's just burning up all his fuel it's as simple as that.

Clearly, I can't convince you otherwise.

How about this? What if in order for this person to be big, he would be less capable and lose function because he would need to prioritize lifting weights and eating protein shakes (or whatever weight regimen you might have in mind), over training boxing, wrestling, BJJ, and muay thai? Because he isn't genetically a large person, he would need to put so much energy into being large, it would come at the expense of everything else? Genetics.

As Andre the Giant said in the Princess Bride, "It's not my fault I'm the biggest and strongest. I don't even exercise!"

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Competitive spirit can be a great motivator, but prioritizing being the best at something can actually be counter productive. For some, with the right combination of skills, traits, and natural aptitude, it may motivate them to excellence. For others, the need to be "the best" would discourage them from taking risks, because they may rather be the biggest fish in a small pond than risk being exposed as being mediocre.

Developing expertise is not evolution. It's learning a skill and getting better at it.

This may be true, but what if someone has no interest in deadlifting 700 lbs? What if they prioritize something else? It seems like what you're doing is projecting your own priorities onto other people. I have absolutely zero interest in being able to take Mike Tyson in an MMA match.

Yeah, like I said, as I think about the people who post on this forum, I can think of a few that I'd put some money on.
What is this psychological crap? If one can't overcome their own mind then they can't become the best no matter what, it's oxymoronic to talk like you are. You can't use kiddy gloves with someone and get world class. Not possible. You can't just sort of walk backwards into it. You need the goal and to work for it if you want to reach it.

Fighting is not just SKILL what is this crap?

Prioritizing? They are lacking fundamentally in having a GOAL AT ALL if deadlifting heavy conflicts with their fighting goals. What is this crap about priorities? If you don't deadlift heavy you don't have the strength you NEED. You can use long jumps with a weight vest or whatever but you need heavy load on the posterior chain NO MATTER WHAT. Deadlift is the most direct route for direct strength gains. Man you need to get involved with the culture you're behind, I ASSURE YOU. What kind of drive do they have for anything? Absolutely nihilistic crap.
How are you a martial artist? You're a hobbyist and that doesn't make you a martial artist.

Eh. Not in his prime though! That's the issue, Mike Tyson shouldn't be the best or top 100! Should be lower on the list. Where's the damn evolution?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best way to take Tyson would be a large caliber rifle at a range of no less than half a mile...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What is this psychological crap? If one can't overcome their own mind then they can't become the best no matter what, it's oxymoronic to talk like you are. You can't use kiddy gloves with someone and get world class. Not possible. You can't just sort of walk backwards into it. You need the goal and to work for it if you want to reach it.

Fighting is not just SKILL what is this crap?

Prioritizing? They are lacking fundamentally in having a GOAL AT ALL if deadlifting heavy conflicts with their fighting goals. What is this crap about priorities? If you don't deadlift heavy you don't have the strength you NEED. You can use long jumps with a weight vest or whatever but you need heavy load on the posterior chain NO MATTER WHAT. Deadlift is the most direct route for direct strength gains. Man you need to get involved with the culture you're behind, I ASSURE YOU. What kind of drive do they have for anything? Absolutely nihilistic crap.
How are you a martial artist? You're a hobbyist and that doesn't make you a martial artist.

Eh. Not in his prime though! That's the issue, Mike Tyson shouldn't be the best or top 100! Should be lower on the list. Where's the damn evolution?

Demetrious Johnson could kick your ***. I am very confident that he could. He is also a small person. I would guess he walks around at about 140 lbs, and is 5'3". Genetics.

Diagen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Clearly, I can't convince you otherwise.

How about this? What if in order for this person to be big, he would be less capable and lose function because he would need to prioritize lifting weights and eating protein shakes (or whatever weight regimen you might have in mind), over training boxing, wrestling, BJJ, and muay thai? Because he isn't genetically a large person, he would need to put so much energy into being large, it would come at the expense of everything else? Genetics.

As Andre the Giant said in the Princess Bride, "It's not my fault I'm the biggest and strongest. I don't even exercise!"
You can't convince me otherwise because it's factually incorrect. Plenty have been in the same psychological state, with the same beliefs, with the great amount of endurance and cardio training and even been veterans that thought they couldn't get big. Literally read too many personal stories to count, I've seen it before. He can get big. Calories in, calories out. You just can't argue with facts.

No. Not genetics. You go into the gym and leave within 45 minutes haha. Damn man. The strength would help in every way. We've already established that being a powerful, big mofo like Tyson == WIN WIN WIN so it doesn't interfere with training AT ALL.

Andre is quite something but he should have exercised. Probably should have done more endurance type stuff though, his heart gave out from lack of conditioning and strength. Actually, strength training tends to be better for the heart as it improves heart STRENGTH vs endurance due to need to make stronger contractions when under the pressure of some great weight and every muscle in the body contracting to the extreme to lift it. Very good stuff. A mix of conditioning and strength training (calisthenics probably classifies as strength training for him due to his size and weight) would have improved his longevity but everyone is just getting by that's the status quo.

Demetrious Johnson could kick your ***. I am very confident that he could. He is also a small person. I would guess he walks around at about 140 lbs, and is 5'3". Genetics.
I'm not even sure what the relevance is but he has a lot going for him besides skill I know that much. I'm sure your friend would like to be stronger, tougher and faster though you should really help him out by giving him this information.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I'll cut you some slack because you've never actually trained with anyone. But there are people here who've not only trained for years, some for lifetimes, and some with people the caliber of Mike Tyson, with professional world champions - some of whom were better than Mike Tyson.

As someone else pointed out, you could learn valuable things here, but you choose not to.

Have to give you some serious props, though. You have great punctuation and can really write well when you choose to.

Latest Discussions