New Modern Arnis Book!

R

Rocky

Hey Dan way cool,

For those who havn't seen Master Andersons Defanging the snake eries you may want to check it out, I am sure you won't be disappointed, with any of his publications, they are easy to read, and well illistrated.

I even heard he wrote it real slow because he knew people like Paul couldn't read to fast!!!DOAH!!

Man I crack my self up!!

Rocky

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rocky said:
Hey Dan way cool,

For those who havn't seen Master Andersons Defanging the snake eries you may want to check it out, I am sure you won't be disappointed, with any of his publications, they are easy to read, and well illistrated.

I even heard he wrote it real slow because he knew people like Paul couldn't read to fast!!!DOAH!!

Man I crack my self up!!

Rocky

Hey man....slow Down! I could only read half your post!
lol :rofl:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hopefully this week I should be able to give a review from actually looking it over. So, be patient.

:)

DoxN4cer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I want to take a moment to endorse Dan Andersons's Mano-Mano book. It's great!!! Nothing less than what I had expected from a man like Dan... excellent photo layout and clear, plain language text. It is a welcome addition to my training library, not to mention a long overdue reference source. Nice job, Dan.

I would like to pass on my regards and a salute to all the people who committed to write a foreword for Dan. I recall Kelly Worden inferring that so many forewords was overkill, however the contributors all demonstrated the true spirit of brotherhood and unity in the Art. They do the late Professor great honor in supporting our brother Dan.

Tim Kashino

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Hopefully this week I should be able to give a review from actually looking it over. So, be patient.

I apolgize for being late in my review :D

I enjoy readng the book. I think there are lots of great pictures that give good detail. This is a must read for those looking to get a perspective of and about Modern Arnis.

Dan does a good job of putting together a stick version and then the empty hand version and application.

Even though I have a copy for the review, I would buy a hard copy (* Hint Hint *) is Dan was to produce one. The PDF version on CD is nice to have and a great way to preserve the information and to allow you to view it on your computer. I also like to have paper in my hands, to read in bed, and to reference when the PC is not on :D.

Download your copy today, it is good for you.

(* Disclaimer I get nothing out of this not even a beer :(, so believe me when I say it is a good book :) *)

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Even though I have a copy for the review, I would buy a hard copy (* Hint Hint *) if Dan was to produce one. The PDF version on CD is nice to have and a great way to preserve the information and to allow you to view it on your computer. I also like to have paper in my hands, to read in bed, and to reference when the PC is not on :D.

Download your copy today, it is good for you.

(* Disclaimer I get nothing out of this not even a beer :(, so believe me when I say it is a good book :) *)

Rich and all,

I am going to produce a hard copy of the book. I got a hair behind when I found out that my previous publishers no longer print books! I had to look around and I think I have found a good one for me. I'm waiting for a text copy proof before I give the final go ahead. If all the promo is correct, this book and the following reprints of the others (Advanced MA and De-Fang need reprinting) could turn out better than the previous printings. Here's keeping our fingers crossed. I'll have one for you when I get to Detroit the weekend of April 17th. I may even buy you a beer just for the heck of it.
:drinkbeer

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:
Rich and all,

I am going to produce a hard copy of the book. I got a hair behind when I found out that my previous publishers no longer print books! I had to look around and I think I have found a good one for me. I'm waiting for a text copy proof before I give the final go ahead. If all the promo is correct, this book and the following reprints of the others (Advanced MA and De-Fang need reprinting) could turn out better than the previous printings. Here's keeping our fingers crossed. I'll have one for you when I get to Detroit the weekend of April 17th. I may even buy you a beer just for the heck of it.
:drinkbeer

Yours,
Dan Anderson
Glad to hear you are working on a hard copy :D.

Also WOOHOOO ! I guess this makes it a paid endorsement, if I get that Beer ;)

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hard copy update!

I am receiving the proofs on Thursdayand if all is okay, I'll get the hard copy books 10 days after.

Best,
Dan Anderson

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:
Hard copy update!

I am receiving the proofs on Thursdayand if all is okay, I'll get the hard copy books 10 days after.

Best,
Dan Anderson

Cool! Are you planning on bringing any with you when you come out this way?

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Cool! Are you planning on bringing any with you when you come out this way?

Yes. I plan to bring all three Modern Arnis books plus the Karate fighting tactics book. If my publisher ain't lyin' to me, they should all look quite a bit better. Waiting til Thursday to see what they can do.

Best,
Dan

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I got the proofs back for the hard copy edition and they look good. They ship out on the 9th of April and to ensure I have them for my tour in Detroit the following weekend, they are being shipped to Jaye Spiro's dojo. Rich - this means you will get a hard copy when I am in town.

Best,
Dan Anderson

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:
I got the proofs back for the hard copy edition and they look good. They ship out on the 9th of April and to ensure I have them for my tour in Detroit the following weekend, they are being shipped to Jaye Spiro's dojo. Rich - this means you will get a hard copy when I am in town.

Best,
Dan Anderson
Dan,

Contact me for your schedule here in south east Michigan. I know you have some seminars and then time with Manong Ted. We need to get together a time to chat and or have a drink. Maybe I can introduce you to some of the local people including some of the TKD and TSD people who might wish to contact you for your other talents :D.

Ciao

PS: I going to get a boooaaaakkk! I am gooooing to geeeeettttt a Boooooaaaakk! (* We need a Snoopy smiley doing the happy dance :D *)

Latest Discussions