New member from NC.

ghlong

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am a new member here and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a student of Chayon Ryu and recently received the rank of 3rd gup. I'm looking forward to visiting here and learning about all the various martial arts out there.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Happy posting. You'll have to tell us (me really) a bit more about your art. I'm not familiar with it.

howard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. Would you mind telling us what part of NC you're in? My father was from a very small town in northeastern NC, and I spent a lot of time there when I was growing up. Beautiful country.

Jeff, Chayon ryu is an eclectic art. Its founder is thoroughly legitimate. He synthesized the art from several Korean and Japanese base arts he trained in over the years. I've trained at Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu seminars with some of their people from Austin, TX, and they are a very good bunch of folks.

Here's a link to Chayon ryu's homepage.

http://www.kimsookarate.com/

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome. Would you mind telling us what part of NC you're in? My father was from a very small town in northeastern NC, and I spent a lot of time there when I was growing up. Beautiful country.

Jeff, Chayon ryu is an eclectic art. Its founder is thoroughly legitimate. He synthesized the art from several Korean and Japanese base arts he trained in over the years. I've trained at Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu seminars with some of their people from Austin, TX, and they are a very good bunch of folks.

Here's a link to Chayon ryu's homepage.

http://www.kimsookarate.com/
Thanks for the link, Howard. It'll take me forever to check that site out...it's huge. Looks like it'll be fun checking it out though.

OP
G

ghlong

White Belt
Reaction score

I'm in Salisbury, about an hour north of Charlotte. (I'm originally from Mocksville, though, which is about 30 minutes north of here.) And, thanks for posting the info on Chayon Ryu.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Always glad to see another NC member :) I'm in the Raleigh area, but grew up near Charlotte..

Latest Discussions