Howdy from Upstate NY

renee

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just started MA (Kenpo of the Tracy variety) about 5 weeks ago. I was about 150lbs overweight last April and I've lost 1/2 of it. So as a reward I decided to do something I've always wanted to do. I still look like the Pillsbury Dough boy in my Gi but I love every minute on the floor. And since I go 3 night a week and continue the workouts at home by next summer I should be a svelte reincarnation of myself ;) So anyway that's me in a nutshell. I can't wait to learn more.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats! Everybody starts somewhere. Just be careful not to go too fast, too soon - avoiding injury is a key to your continued progress.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..Its good to have a goal..You will suceed..Keep us posted..

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to MT :). Congratulations on your weight loss, keep up the good work

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to have you with us, renee!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First, welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

Second, congratulations on your progress so far, and on choosing a reward that will help you continue to move toward your goals!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Enjoy the forum!:ultracool

Mike

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on your goals, i'm with you about losing all this wieght. Enjoy

NYcityborn

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just started MA (Kenpo of the Tracy variety) about 5 weeks ago. I was about 150lbs overweight last April and I've lost 1/2 of it. So as a reward I decided to do something I've always wanted to do. I still look like the Pillsbury Dough boy in my Gi but I love every minute on the floor. And since I go 3 night a week and continue the workouts at home by next summer I should be a svelte reincarnation of myself ;) So anyway that's me in a nutshell. I can't wait to learn more.
Hello, Im from Rochester, I'm new to this site also, don't be embarrassed about how you look in your GI. I'm a bit big myself and stand out in the Dojo I go to.

Latest Discussions