New Knife Legislation

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
According to Florida Today, new legislation has been passed in Florida making switchblade knives legal.

According to the article, they were never actually illegal, but misinterpretation of the old laws lumped switchblades in with explicitly illegal blades like projectile knives. Now, the laws have been rewritten for clarification and swithblades are no longer included in the list of illegal knives. Expect to start seeing them in local cutlery shops and whatnot.

Nothing was mentioned as to blade lengths and concealment. It's possible the old laws regarding that would apply to switchblades as well.

Cthulhu

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Cthulhu,

I don't think there ever was a length law in Florida was there? Did you read anything about the carry of the switchblades? Is it like a handgun, where it is LEGAL to own, but illegal to carry without a permit? Some of the I have my paperwork ready for my permit, just need to get fingerprinted and send it in. Thwn iwon't have to wory about carrying anything (thats legal).

Thanks

Andy

OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The article didn't mention anything about length or carrying, just general legality.

Cthulhu