New Highlander movie written by Twilight writer

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh dear.

So, on current evidence, that means that "Highlander" will cease to be a guy movie and become a chick flick?

Sacrilege.

Maybe someone should remake "Love Actually" with miniguns and car chases to redress the balance?

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
On the plus side, she also worked on Dexter.

That's a plus...

isn't it?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On the plus side, she also worked on Dexter.

That's a plus...

isn't it?

Only if you ignore the dreck she wrote for Ally McBeal and Party of Five. :rolleyes:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I agree Don... very much... but who knows... with the twilight author... maybe the immortals will become all sparkly pretty whenever they get the quickening... ooooh wouldn't that be so kewl?

NOT!

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, the writer sucks. But the director is Justin Lin! That's at least some good news, he's directed the last 3 Fast And Furious movies, as well as a couple other smaller action movies. He's got a good eye and he's got a real great sense of pace as well as being a pretty good editor.

I'm a glass half full guy tonight.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
Highlander has always been one of my favorites, both the movies (well, the first one;) and the television series. I even had my own club in high school centered around the t.v. show. I'll try the glass half full approach that Omar suggested but I will not be holding my breath with high expectations.

Andrew

Wild Bill

Green Belt
Reaction score
Considering the craptacular sequels I have had to put up with I will give it a try. Anything is better than Teh Source. The NSFW reveiw below gave me an idea. I wish I knew how to use editing software. I think if you added a laugh track and replaced the music with Yakkity Sax The Source would be better. It makes much more sense as a parody.

NSFW

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/12/06/highlander-the-source-review/

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Highlander has always been one of my favorites, both the movies (well, the first one;) and the television series. I even had my own club in high school centered around the t.v. show. I'll try the glass half full approach that Omar suggested but I will not be holding my breath with high expectations.
Andrew

Yeah man. Justin Lin's a pretty good director and we have all seen movies where the story isnt all that but the director elevates the material ... Think old 80's action movies.

Latest Discussions