New hand and socks

Just remember that the WTF has apparently only approved white gloves and no socks and only from certain vendors. If you review the registration packet for the US Open, for example, you will see that only white gloves are allowed and they are mandatory. I asked Mark Kaufmann (USAT) about this and he reaffirmed that this is correct.

So although some people, like me, invested a lot of money into the full red and blue set, they are useless in WTF and therefore likely useless in future USAT sactioned events.

Here is my e-mail conversation with Mr Kaufmann:

Sent: Tue 10/31/2006 9:23 PM
To: Mark Kaufmann
Subject: US Open Equipment Question
Mr. Kaufmann,
I understand that you are likely very busy with Sr Natls right now so I hope you do not mind my quick question.
I was looking over the registration packet for the US Open and see on P11 that the WTF gloves are mandatory equipment for Seniors that are participating in sparring at the event.
P11 says: "Gloves - The newly approved WTF Taekwondo Gloves are required for the Senior Division and optional for all other divisions in this event. Gloves must white in color. Please see below for a photo of an acceptable WTF approved glove."
My questions:
Are Red / Blue gloves allowed provided they match the chest protector?
Are the socks allowed?
Or perhaps it was just an oversight and Red / Blue gloves & socks are allowed as well, in which case that should be added to the registration packet.
Please let me know as I have purchased the full set of Red / Blue gloves and socks for my child, but perhaps made the purchase too soon and now need to unload them and just purchase a set of white gloves and no socks.
Sincerely,

--

Your last statement is correct. It seems that the WTF is recognizing the white gloves only and the socks have not been approved for 2007. I know that they announced the red and blue ones and because of this we recommended them to the membership. Unfortunately the WTF changed their recognized products to be the White ones only.
For the Senior Division at the 2007 U.S. Open it is mandatory to be wearing the white gloves.
I appreciate your question and we are never too busy to answer them.
Sincerley,
Mark Kaufmann

Mango, So I guess unless the USAT and WTF change their collective minds again (USAT/WTF and minds being an oxymoron), its white gloves only for now. I wish until it is definite, they wouldn't say anything at all.:confused:

A couple of my players have them, (red and blue set), you needed both so they would match your ho-goo. Then we found out about the white gloves only rule at the US Open. If you go to USAT site and look at the pictures from the Open it shows one of the US Players with the gloves on. Anyway, we have decided to wait till we get to San Jose in July and see what they are actually wearing and get them there. Between now and then it's anyone's guess how many times the rules might change about this. The players that do have them, hand and socks, do like them.

A couple of my players have them, (red and blue set), you needed both so they would match your ho-goo. Then we found out about the white gloves only rule at the US Open. If you go to USAT site and look at the pictures from the Open it shows one of the US Players with the gloves on. Anyway, we have decided to wait till we get to San Jose in July and see what they are actually wearing and get them there. Between now and then it's anyone's guess how many times the rules might change about this. The players that do have them, hand and socks, do like them.

I'm with you on the wait and see thing. If I buy what they say is right now, it'll probably be wrong by then. I hope they finally make a decision and stay with it.

Latest Discussions

Back