New Generation 4 Glock 22

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2009/10/29/gen-4-glock-a-look-at-the-new-features/

Glock-Generation-4.jpg

The RTF (rough textured frame) has been tweaked since alot of complaints were made that it wore through clothing too quickly. I really like my Glock and I'm excited to upgrade my duty pistol with the new backstraps to get a better fit.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've seen'em and handled them. I find they fit me best with NO added backstrap! Interesting recoil spring to.

I'm sure they are fine guns and if I was in the market for a new Glock and the 22 model was the size I needed, it would be the pick. And many a cop and guard would be wise to pick it.

Deaf

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
If I were in the market for a new Glock, I would consider one. But for me, 3 at home is enough for right now.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Me to guys. I'm totaly satisfied with my Glocks as-is.

Now of they would make it in some revolutionary round that hits like a .44 magnum, kicks like a .22, holds dozens of rounds, and is light as a feather I might really think about trading! But no gunmaker has such goodies.

Deaf

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
If I were a Glock person, this'd be very interesting. But I have specific personal criteria that Glocks don't meet ( There are those who believe that having either a mag disconnect or an external safety is a tactical advantage, and I happen to concur). Doesn't make Glocks bad, just makes 'em not my choice.

And they STILL have to fix that unsupported chamber in the 40/357 models.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've handled and shot the Gen 4 Glocks, and they feel fine. I really don't have any preference between Gen 2.5, Gen 3, or Gen 4. Heck, I even like the Gen 1 and Gen 2 models just fine, too!

And they STILL have to fix that unsupported chamber in the 40/357 models.

The 357 Sig models have a very well supported chamber. I've reloaded 357 Sig brass that was fired from my Glock 31 (Sellier and Bellot headstamp) 8 times, and the brass was looking just fine. These were full power loads that blasted a 124 grain flat point down range at a velocity of 1350 fps. I've even blasted down some unjacketed lead (Oregon Trail Lasercast) 122 grain flat points at 1400+ fps. :)

Regarding the .40's, I have no problems with the throated barrel, in that I've never had any load jam up my Glock 22 or Glock 23, when using the factory barrel. To me, that's a nice plus, since I only use the factory barrel for defensive purposes.

In order to preserve my .40 brass, though, I have Barsto and Jarvis barrels for the 22 and 23, since I do shoot unjacketed lead once in while as well.

In support of your argument, though, it is curious that the later .40 Glocks have tighter chambers, and less throating...

Latest Discussions