NEW Fight Show

ChitNasty

White Belt
Reaction score
Folks,

A Kenpo buddy of mine invited me here (JFarnsworth). I wanted to share with you a new fight series that is coming out on national TV. It is MMA, however it favors more traditionalists like yourselves.

Keep these things in mind when watching:

#1 - Every Martial Art trains or should train for multiple attackers. I know you Kenpo folks specialize in it. Kudos!

#2 - Street fights occur with clothes on, so the gi makes it very realistic.

#3 - The amount of budo and respect is tremendous amoung the fighters. No disrespectful WWE trash talking BS here.

Enjoy and thank you for your time. I look forward to your opinions.

www.san-do.tv

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That was great... but is the organization still around? I love the concept, but it looks like the 11/08 show was cancelled, and I haven't found any information about it elsewhere.

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was reading the rules, and they seem pretty limited. I understand that they want to control the combat somewhat while there are still three combatants, but no elbows? Limited leg kicking? No pushing or shoving and only limited holding? Limited striking to a downed opponent? Even with only two combatants? I don't know, that makes it hard for me to swallow.

Could be interesting though. I'm willing to give it a chance. Is it going on somewhere where we can see it?

-Rob

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Folks,

A Kenpo buddy of mine invited me here (JFarnsworth). I wanted to share with you a new fight series that is coming out on national TV. It is MMA, however it favors more traditionalists like yourselves.

Keep these things in mind when watching:

#1 - Every Martial Art trains or should train for multiple attackers. I know you Kenpo folks specialize in it. Kudos!

#2 - Street fights occur with clothes on, so the gi makes it very realistic.

#3 - The amount of budo and respect is tremendous amoung the fighters. No disrespectful WWE trash talking BS here.

Enjoy and thank you for your time. I look forward to your opinions.

www.san-do.tv

Why do they only allow ground work after one person has been eliminated. I think groundwork with multiple opponents would be really interesting to watch.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
Why do they only allow ground work after one person has been eliminated. I think groundwork with multiple opponents would be really interesting to watch.

Yea, I'd like to see that. It would also be something else to help the show stand out from the multitude of MMA shows.

Latest Discussions