New BJJ guy needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Basic BJJ is a must for any martial artist
No it isn't....if I'm doing karate and want to work towards being a black belt in karate and a karate teacher and compete in karate matches....why would I train bjj...that'd be stupid and pointless for what I want to do

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sambo does a lot of judo
You must know many leg locks lol

what striking arts have you done

The arts I have trained in are Bujikan ninjutsu, Hapkido, and now train in Systema, but with a sambo element for grappling/groundwork, but it is not like a lot of videos you see on youtube.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he means the word "Iggy" which isn't even a word....the word you're looking for is IGNORE.....I.g.n.o.r.e ignore

'Lower conflict' I quite like a bit of lower conflict, nudge, nudge, wink wink, know what I mean. :D:D:smuggrin:

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The arts I have trained in are Bujikan ninjutsu, Hapkido, and now train in Systema, but with a sambo element for grappling/groundwork, but it is not like a lot of videos you see on youtube.

How often will you do BJJ and with GI or no
Gi is 80 percent of the classes

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have only done BJJ and wrestling for 20 months and I am not the biggest , fastest or strongest

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yes. That’s how exercise works when you really go at it.

Not when you work full time and cross train in MT and wrestling and you’re 44 and 155 pounds with a history of lower back issues

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Plus the guys are way more skilled and some have 50 ibs on me and all they do is BJJ

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus the guys are way more skilled and some have 50 ibs on me and all they do is BJJ
Yeah, they’d likely destroy me, too. But I’d seek them out, to get better. I’d be sore, and would temper my week to recover sufficiently for the next class. But I wouldn’t bail on class halfway through.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not when you work full time and cross train in MT and wrestling and you’re 44 and 155 pounds with a history of lower back issues
Maybe you should focus on a couple classes a week that give you a good workout, rather than getting a half-workout every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions