New anti Sine Wave pattern deliveries on Youtube

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a cop asks you to don't twist your body, would you still twist your hip?

There. Exact. Word for word....

I wouldn't twist my hip....
Not word for word. And not the same context. If someone says "twist those short wires together" would you spin the wires, or turn one pair of ends while the others don't turn? And would that necessarily be the same thing as twisting a body, or does context matter?

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
160757895_10225148921259769_8045627691952807355_o.jpg

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Above - #1 2 locations - 1999 Text "Turn the hip" "jerk the Hip" but , oh wait - I guess it doesn't say "Twist"

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This just shows how poorly codified SW is.

He looks nothing like the bunnies in forms competition

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
This just shows how poorly codified SW is.

He looks nothing like the bunnies in forms competition
I do not understand your point. Are you saying because some competitors get it wrong it's not well codified? Perhaps those experience did not have adequate instruction likesome keyboard commandos who think they have learned properly / had correct information because they had a high ranking instructor or looked at stuff on the internet.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I do not understand you r point. Are you saying because some competitors get it wrong it's not well codified? Perhaps those experience did not have adequate instruction likesome keyboard commandos who think they have learned properly / had correct information because they had a high ranking instructor or looked at stuff on the internet.

Some? There are entire teams consisting of a bunch of hopping bunnies. That gentleman was far more reasonable, although his side kicking control was poor (not saying it's easy).

Correct, they are not "Pattern parameters" They are "Everything Parameters" Unless of course you can point out to me somewhere where the text excludes these as pattern parameters.

Are we just going to ignore the fact that they were written 20 years before SW and are not in the SW section?

Last edited:
OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Of note in the video is the hip moving (Twisting) in the same direction as the punch along with SW.

Which speaks to my point. I don't know about you but I think his interpretation looked quite different from the norm.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Clip needs no comment. Remember that nothing changed with hip twist after SW according to Earl

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some? There are entire teams consisting of a bunch of hopping bunnies. That gentleman was far more reasonable, although his side kicking control was poor (not saying it's easy).

Are we just going to ignore the fact that they were written 20 years before SW and are not in the SW section?

No sir, we are going to ignore your theory that things specified in the text should somehow be repeated however many times you feel it necessary.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Which speaks to my point. I don't know about you but I think his interpretation looked quite different from the norm.
Sir, I don't know what you consider the "Norm" I consider it to be illustrated well, but not necessarily perfectly in the videos produced under General Choi's supervision (By Com Do) - the ones with the Black Background. I would first look to those for guidance instead of some random performance pulled off the net.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No sir, we are going to ignore your theory that things specified in the text should somehow be repeated however many times you feel it necessary.

Are we also going to ignore the gentleman in the Youtube clip above like an elephant in the room?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I guess he didn't learn "sine wave unleashed" courtesy of a General Chois private classrooms....in which you twist your hips

Latest Discussions