Never Surrender

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just watched Never Surrender. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0248373/ Hector Echavarria wrote, directed and starred in it. A noble effort but without a doubt one of the worst films I have ever seen. The acting was terrible. The fight scenes were terrible and did no service in trying to represent MMA. The over dubbing of Georges St Pierre's voice was ridiculous and the accent put on by the dude playing Seifer was one of the funniest attempts at a Russian accent I have ever heard. It sounded like a lazy German accent from Hogans Heroes. I hope none of the MMA stars in the film are using this as a way of opening doors into the acting world because they are sadly mistaken if they think their role here will attract anything but laughs. This made the numerous straight to dvd Steven Seagal movies look like oscar nominees. The acting in American Ninja was brilliant compared to this.

Sorry I had to vent, it's been a while since I have seen a film this bad.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mystery Science Theater 3000 was/is a TV show with a cult following. The premise was that a thousand years from now a mad scientist and henchman kidnapped an inoffensive Minnesotan and launched him into space. He and a couple robot companions are forced to watch bad movies. Really, REALLY bad movies like "Manos": The Hands of Fate and Monster a Go-Go. They keep up a constant running commentary of world-class heckling.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is it bad enough for MST3K?

Apparently they haven't got to it yet, but you can recommend it to them.

RiffTrax is a site run by Mike Nelson of MST3K fame. You download the running commentary and play it concurrently with the movie that you provide. This allows them to bypass the costly step of buying a license for the movie, so they can riff on a broader range of movies.

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just saw them both in the "other" movie they just made together, "Death Warriors", he was in it for all of 5 minutes (St-Pierre), and yes, it was MST3K material. When you advertise Rashad Evans, Keith Jardine, George St-Pierre and Rampage Jackson, you expect to see them for more than 2 minutes each... But I guess that's why it's "advertising"...