My Wing Chun Website.

dosk3n

Green Belt
Reaction score
The website that we had for my school hadn't been changed for about 10 years and it was just black with out of date blog software so I asked if I could take over and changed it completely.

So this isn't my person site its the site for the school but I thought you may appreciate it.

Plus I like being an active member and posting something is better than posting nothing lol.

Its still in development and needs some tweaks and more media to be uploaded but for the most part its done so I hope you like it.

http://www.afswingchun.co.uk/

Dean.

VASI

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I liked the site. I studied wing chun for about 4 years and really enjoyed it. How long have you been training?

OP
dosk3n

dosk3n

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Im glad you liked it. Ive been doing it for just under a year now, 4 days a week and that includes one private also.

Im suprised as everything I usually do is a fad and O stop after a couple of weeks but this never gets boring.

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good site, easy to navigate and clean to look at.

OP
dosk3n

dosk3n

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Bully, appreciate the feedback.

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries, some websites are just full of buttons and utter crap.

A major mistake of club type sites is too much info. People are just trying to be helpful and put tons of pages on. Not needed. Short, sharp and too the point.

I am no pro btw, I have built a couple of sites for people, just clubs and small businesses.

I am thinking of trying some photo work of Wing Chun, may start with my dummy.

Will chuck any results on here.

CRCAVirginia

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The reason you want more pages on your site is to get a good search engine ranking. Of course the pages need to have specific keywords related to your site. In this instance Wing Chun and broader Martial Arts. My site is ranked #1 on MSN and on the first page of Google. The more links to your site from relevant sites will help as well. I did like the layout of your site.

OP
dosk3n

dosk3n

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I have submitted it to google to be crawled and have also included google adsense for advertisement so I get more attention from google.

I have updated description and Meta Tags for index.html and right now When searching afs wing chun we are number one. If you search generic and say wing chun Newcastle (Where I live) we are the 2nd site mentioned.

All in all going quite well.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good site, easy to navigate and clean to look at.

Same for me, enjoyed browsing and reading articles on your site, especially pics / videos. We are from the same lineage so all the more absorbing.

Coincidence but cant help but say I was in the same situation a couple months ago, dont mean to thread jack but

http://www.prestonwingchun.com/

Latest Discussions