Advice on wing chun school

KainHighwind

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, I am interested in learning wing chun I reside in Arizona, so I was taking a look around at schools close to me I saw quite a few but one caught my eye called renaissance wing chun. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if the wing chun looks practical, I am a bit of a beginner so am not sure what to look for in recognizing quality wing chun.

Any advice is much appreciated!

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi KainHighWind. Welcome.
Your post should get some good advice. You are also in luck because there are at least three WC teachers on here from the Arizona / Phoenix area...

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi all, I am interested in learning wing chun I reside in Arizona... Any advice is much appreciated!

Hi KainHighWind. Welcome.
Your post should get some good advice. You are also in luck because there are at least three WC teachers on here from the Arizona / Phoenix area...

I missed this. Anyway, the guys at Renaissance Wing Chun are great guys from the Sam Kwok lineage, definitely check them out. Also, if you are out in the East Valley, check out Joy Chaudhuri, of the Augustine Fong branch. He's very knowledgeable.
Welcome to Tempe Wing Chun Kung-Fu

Or, call me and come by my place in the middle of town. Good luck in your search! :)
Ving Tsun Arizona - Sifu Steve Frerichs

Last edited:
OP
K

KainHighwind

White Belt
Reaction score
Haha awesome thank you for the wealth of knowledge geezer, yeah I definitely think I will check out a few schools before I decide so i'll for sure check out your school in my search.

Bino TWT

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm not really crazy about the way they deal with a haymaker, and I see a lot of problems with that under pressure... but to each his own.

My advice would be to go check out a few of the schools. Many will generally give you at least a free lesson to try it out. See what works for you.

Latest Discussions