my tkd diplomas

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I almost finish my foot therapy so I will back to bussiness soon, this martial talk forum with it's subforums has helped me alot in these weeks, because no matter I am off the mat I still studying,leraning (new techs) from the internet and writting here.

I have right now two black belts diplomas I want to frame because of pride and to preserve them so my grandsons one day can see them and grandpa Manny can tell them some old stories about my pass trought martial arts.

My first diploma is back from 1987 it's my first degree black belt I earned from my old dojang/organization Tae Kwon Do Ji Do Kwan it has my pic and was a dream come true, my second diploma is from mi actual dojang/organization Hwarang Tae Kwno Do, maybe it's a crazy thing but I feel much pride from these diplomas/certificates than my University Diploma/Certificate from Chemical Enginering, offcourse not was easy to got that diploma, they were almost 5 years of university, studiying,tests and sometimes things were not easy but I think my University achievement was because of my TKD, I applied TKD principles to my University studies sometimes, and believe me, mathematics and chemistry are very hard assignations.

Don't know maybe I am too proud of my last achievement still, for some people is not a big deal but for me reaching my goal was something to remember.

Thank you for all the support to me.

Manny

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I feel the same. I rate earning my black belt above most other acievments because its something I chose to do not had to do. I have a trade and from that now run a successful business with many employees but I see that acievment as more something I had to do as I have to put food on the table for my family which means even when unmotivated I still feel I just have to do it as there is no other choice. My black belt, however, was achieved over several years, there were injuries along the way, there were certainly times where my motivation waned or I was busy with work and it would have been very easy to just give it away because I didnt have to do it. The fact that I just kept soldiering on through the good and bad to achieve my goal despite having nothing really tangible to gain (except a piece of fabric) is what makes it so special to me.