My Short Workout

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Years ago I trained a lot with a my ~90lb mid-heavy bag. Once I visited a friend who bought almost 2m height, >150lb heavy bag. I came to the bag and hit him as I was accustomed and I almost broke my hand! ... Is it clear? ... My hands were trained but not sufficiently strong-due to the bad habit of training with lighter and less resistance bag.
Your training didn't fail you. It was your lack of understanding that you can't hit everything as if it was a 90lb bag.
Everyone I know has gone through this in some shape or form. I don't know anyone who hasn't made this mistake.

I see this as an advantage for the RAW-POWER Force Sensor. Yes, it is rock solid but your hands will adapt which is wanted!
This is an assumption that your hands will adapt, You are already punching with gloves on and with supportive tape that helps hold the punching structure. Take the gloves off and and do the same thing and all of the flaws will become evident.

I'm not saying you don't understand any of this because you made this statement. "Of course it is necessary to train slowly." Only people that understand will understand this much. So I know you had enough bad punching experience to make you a believer of that. I had my share of scraped knuckles from hitting a burlap bag, and wrists that gave away upon impact. My lesson was the same as many others. Train slowly first and build up to hitting hard. Unfortunately, people who don't understand will get up there and start trying to blast away. They even do it with bags that give.

It is not very good to see, but the striking surface is a rounded-like part of the heavy bag.
I definitely wasn't able to tell from the video. It looked fairly flat to me.

Circular fighting systems use punches that don't travel in a straight line., Technically the punches actually do travel in a line before impact, but the line is very small in comparison to a jab. But the majority of the punch is circular with maybe 4 to 7 inches linear movement right before impact depending on the punching technique being moved. The best way to think of it is like this picture where the bottom of the swing flattens out.

mike-trout-swing-path.png

This may be a better picture. The part that flattens out is the point of impact. As you ca see in the picture there is only a small part of the swing that is linear.
Swing-Path-3-Ideal.gif

In fighting the circular punches look like this. (This is not me by the way, but a person that trains the same system as me).

I believe the device can be used by anyone. He/She does not have to be a fan of fighting sports. The device can be used as a fitness tool, for weight loss... with the ability to track progress in the long term.
People who like to throw circular punches tend to do so often and that requires some give. I'm not saying to change your product because there aren't many of us in comparison to people who like to jab everything.

A circular punch would land on the side of that pad where the edge is. like a baseball swing.

OP
R

raw-power.eu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
May I ask specifically which type of sensor you are using? eg. strain, force, accelerometer, etc...?

I use strain gauge force sensors. I found that an accelerometer-based devices are not suitable if you want to get a measurable unit like pounds or kilograms.