My daughter won the 2013 International Pole Championship

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My daughter Natasha Wang won the 1st place California pole dancing in 2010, the 1st place US pole dancing in 2011. 2nd Place Winner of Pole Art 2012.

http://natashawang.com/

She just won the 1st place International pole dancing in 2013 last weekend.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...mpion-wins-madam-white-snake-routine-20131201 (advance to 4.12)

A 38-year-old American with no previous sport or dance experience until nine years ago took home the title of "ultimate champion in the women's category of the International Pole Championship" on Saturday night. Natasha Wang, who is of Chinese descent, won the award after her routine inspired by the Chinese legend of "Madame White Snake". More than 1,000 people attended the event, held at the National University of Singapore's University Cultural Centre. Organised annually by the International Pole Dance Fitness Association, the competition was held in Singapore for the first time this year. The event drew 30 of the world's best pole dancers from 12 countries, including Finland, Australia, Singapore and the United States. Ms Wang, who lives in Los Angeles, says she was completely unathletic and never participated in any sport or dance until she was 29. "I'm completely elated," she told The Straits Times. "This win means a lot to me, because I was considering not even competing this year."

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I started this thread in the General MA Talk session because I believe the "function strength" can be an interest discussion subject. My daughter had never lifted any weight in her life but her "functional strength" is more powerful than mine in certain area. This just seems to contradict to what people may believe in "weight lifting". How can we explain that?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
She is weight lifting. The weight it her body. No different really then bar bells or dumb bells.

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
No offense to you,your daughter or pole dancing, but the irony.........:lfao:
Daughter Guarding

white_bear_avatar_35787.jpg

HELP US PROTECT THE POLAR BEAR:
Text "BEAR" to 357357 or go to ArticHome.com, to donate to World Wildlife Fund & Coca-Cola will match up to $1,000,000, through 2/15/2014.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know nothing about pole dancing or much of the sort but what I do know is that I've heard there's a lot of arm and leg use to move your weight around congratulations to her for doing good
Best of luck for both of you

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is incredibly impressive. the unfortunate thing is that when you say pole dancing the first thought is the connection to stripping...which is too bad. congratulations to your daughter. I think they need to "rebrand" the art.