MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I noticed I did very well on a sinawali drill in one of my first FMA classes...to me it was just a rhythm. The aspects that weren't rhythmic, however, were much harder for me to pick up.

Cool stuff...thanks for the links!

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can say matter of factly that playing guitar helped my karate and vice versa. The same type of dedication to practicing scales, modes, chord inversions, sight reading, every single day lends itself to practicing karate in very much the same repetitive way. Also with playing guitar it's very much about proper mechanics. Proper fretting and picking technique may look similar from person to person, but tiny changes make all the world of difference in speed, clarity and tone. It's not hard to connect this back to karate with it's very precise way of doing things. Just like in playing electric guitar, everything is scrutinized down to the tiniest micro-meter of movement

I also get the same rush or endorphines peopel get from "that pump" when I'm playing guitar. Just like working out.

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Lol I play Blues guitar and I'm in the Bujinkan... Nuff said ;)

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never gave it any thought but I started Martial Arts at 8 and Trombone at 10. Played the trombone until 13 or 14. Picked up a guitar at 16, and learned the piano (not that good at it) at 35. So I have been doing Martial Arts and Music all my life so i don't know if any one influenced the other or not. Just what is for me. But I would have to say that the combo of music and the arts are a logical match.

Latest Discussions