Mr Han of Enter the Dragon

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just found out that Shih Kien (Mr Han in Enter the Dragon traind at the Shanghai Chin Woo Association for 9 years and was in the first generation of that school certified to teach. He was certified to teach a few styles, including Eagle Claw and Choy Li Fut

MV5BYTNlNTY5NDUtMDFiYy00OWJjLTlhYjgtYzg1NGNkNjg0NTRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTU1OTUzNDg@._V1_.jpg

Han, in the 1973 - Enter the Dragon
Shih Kien 01-01-1913 to 06-03-2009

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kien was da bomb in that movie.

The guy must have done a hundred films, maybe two hundred.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He was amazing in Enter the Dragon, I was on his side until they revealed him he was a human trafficker.

Your post made me think of this scene from Kentucky Fried Movie

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
He was amazing in Enter the Dragon, I was on his side until they revealed him he was a human trafficker.

Your post made me think of this scene from Kentucky Fried Movie

Never saw that movie, I shall have to check it out. Did not know Bong Soo Han was in it.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CLF he would've gotten in Hong Kong. It's not a Jing Mo selection.

Oddly enough, Lee Koon Hung was his student.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just looked up Shih Kien. He has three hundred film credits to his name. That's mind blowing.

Koryuhoka

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My favorite Shih Kien role was in Kung Fu Bastard aka - Ring of Death.. He did what appeared to be Hakka boxing style - Lung Ying Kuen.. Southern Dragon Boxing. Funny movie and Cliff Lok is excellent as always, as well as the actress who played Shih Kien's wife.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They only took 1 to 3 months to make those old school Shaw Brothers (Hong Kong Theater) movies. But still, that is a heck of a lot of films
Let's go with the average of two months. That would be six hundred months filming chop sockey movies. That's crazily awesome.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kien was da bomb in that movie. The guy must have done a hundred films, maybe two hundred.
Once, at the end of a rather slow day in high school art class, back around the year 2000 (before all the kids had smart phones) the lesson was all wrapped up, clean-up was done, and I had a few minutes to kill. On a whim I wrote the following on the board:

Lee Jun-Fan
John Saxon
Jim Kelly
Shek Kin
Bob Wall
Bolo Yeung

I told the kids that if anyone could tell me what these names had in common, that even though it was against the rules, I'd let them all go to lunch five minutes early. Sadly, nobody answered.

....but unbeknownst to me, the assistant principal had quietly slipped into the room via the back door behind me. I turned and saw him with a big smile on his face and he yelled: Dang, that's the cast of Enter the Dragon. Class dismissed!

I was sorry when that guy left our school. :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Once, at the end of a rather slow day in high school art class, back around the year 2000 (before all the kids had smart phones) the lesson was all wrapped up, clean-up was done, and I had a few minutes to kill. On a whim I wrote the following on the board:

Lee Jun-Fan
John Saxon
Jim Kelly
Shek Kin
Bob Wall
Bolo Yeung

I told the kids that if anyone could tell me what these names had in common, that even though it was against the rules, I'd let them all go to lunch five minutes early. Sadly, nobody answered.

....but unbeknownst to me, the assistant principal had quietly slipped into the room via the back door behind me. I turned and saw him with a big smile on his face and he yelled: Dang, that's the cast of Enter the Dragon. Class dismissed!

I was sorry when that guy left our school. :)
Posts like this make me feel old. High school in 2,000? I graduated in 1981. :)

Latest Discussions