Moving on

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I am pleased to announce that effective April 2007, my Taekwondo club will be training with the dedicated men and women at Martial Arts Unlimited, the premier martial arts cross-training facility in Metro-Detroit.

Currently, Martial Arts Unlimited has classes in Kali, Silat, Savate, Brazilian Ju-jitsu, Wing Chun, and Combat Submission Wrestling. I am excited about the opportunity of training in such a diverse environment and having my students exposed to the wonderful myriad of other training systems.

Miles

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow! That is FANTASTIC Miles!

Congratulations!

Wishing you the best of fortunes with the new opportunity! :asian:

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow- that is great, Miles! Congrat's and best wishes!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All the best, Miles. I'm sure it will be a good thing for you & your students.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I am pleased to announce that effective April 2007, my Taekwondo club will be training with the dedicated men and women at Martial Arts Unlimited, the premier martial arts cross-training facility in Metro-Detroit.

Currently, Martial Arts Unlimited has classes in Kali, Silat, Savate, Brazilian Ju-jitsu, Wing Chun, and Combat Submission Wrestling. I am excited about the opportunity of training in such a diverse environment and having my students exposed to the wonderful myriad of other training systems.

Miles

Glad you are excited Miles!! I have a question though... what exactly does it mean?? I have heard of schools that have multiple instructors teaching multiple arts at different times, but that aren't any in my area so I don't really understand how it works. Is this what you will now be a part of? I would love to hear more details!

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Cool, cross-training in the MAs is always a good thing. Personally speaking, I'm always game when it comes to learning about the other arts out there. TKD is my main anchor, but there's so much more out there which can complement me and my MA training.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Miles..The BEST of luck to you...

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's really cool, congrats! It sounds like an awesome place with all those arts in the same building. Wing Chun here, BJJ there...that's got to be great for you and your students. I hope it all works out better than you're imagining ;)

jim

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad you are excited Miles!! I have a question though... what exactly does it mean?? I have heard of schools that have multiple instructors teaching multiple arts at different times, but that aren't any in my area so I don't really understand how it works. Is this what you will now be a part of? I would love to hear more details!

You raise a good point. That, at face value may not always be a good thing. Some schools have one instructor who wears several hats, sometimes qualified, sometimes, not so much, while others have different instructors specializing in a particular art. Since I've always viewed Miles as the responsible type, I have no doubt that it will be a beneficial and rewarding experience for all involved. Good luck, Miles!

OP
Miles

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score

Thanks all! I am excited.

Lauren, I will be one of several instructors. The facility is large enough to allow several instructors teaching in different arts in separate training areas. Its a martial arts smorgasbord and now TKD is on the menu. :)

Miles

OP
Miles

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations Miles that is Chris Malgeri's Training Hall is it not?

Yes Brian, this is Chris' school. He is the main instructor and simply unbelievably gifted. The atmosphere there is super and everyone is willing to work hard.

One of my colleagues from work (another da*n lawyer!) has been a student there for several years and he and I have trained nearly daily in TKD and Kali for the past 2 years. He is a member of our Sunday morning group (a bunch of black belts getting together at 7am for 1 1/2 hrs of training in TKD/Kali/boxing/grappling/Wing Chun and whatever anyone wants to contribute).

Thanks!

Miles

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks all! I am excited.

Lauren, I will be one of several instructors. The facility is large enough to allow several instructors teaching in different arts in separate training areas. Its a martial arts smorgasbord and now TKD is on the menu. :)

Miles

Wow! Very cool. If you could, keep us updated, I would love to hear the ins and outs of how exactly this operates- seems like a great set-up!

Does anyone else participate in something similar?

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Miles,

What a great thing to hear. I am glad to hear of something positive going your way.

OP
Miles

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! We had a very good hard inaugural class Wednesday...with 2 new students-which we haven't had in quite a while. The atmosphere is excellent and everyone is there to work hard.

Miles

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! We had a very good hard inaugural class Wednesday...with 2 new students-which we haven't had in quite a while. The atmosphere is excellent and everyone is there to work hard.

Miles

Glad to hear things are working out for you.