Moving on

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, my contract here in DC is coming to an end, and I have a new job waiting for me in about two weeks in Colorado Springs, Co. This is a long term positionad my family will relocate; a permanant move.

Any good dojangs in C.Springs?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fearless this is a great school in the city you are going to, you can even tell I sent yea if you like.
Terry

U.S. Taekwondo Academy, Inc.
7657 Union Blvd.Colorado SpringsBarb Kunkel719 260 4700

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the home of the Taekwondo Olympic training center? FF you picked the best place (or it picked you). Colorado is a great place to live.

Found a link: http://www.usoc.org/12181_19096.htm TW

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Isn't that the home of the Taekwondo Olympic training center? FF you picked the best place (or it picked you). Colorado is a great place to live. TW

Yes it is TW and what a great place to be.
Terry

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are, or were, a number of schools in the area although it was long ago that I visited there. It's beautiful there! Good luck!!

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think Han Won Lee is in that area...if you get a chance...go see him...he's awesome...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know about the Springs... I'm in Denver - welcome to the state!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck with the move, FF. I've never studied out there, but CO is beautiful! I'll be trying to firm up a deal myself in Vegas next week. We'll see how it goes.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have any idea of good schools there, but I want to wish you the best of luck in your move and hope you really enjoy Colorado.
:partyon:

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I lived there for three years when I was younger (my dad was an instructor at the AF Academy). Beatuiful place. I've driven through there on occasion; living in Albuquerque and doing some shows in Denver and such.

The thing about the Taekwondo is that I'm looking for something a little different. My first school was pretty self-defens oriented. Where I currently train ; the technique is more focused on sparring technques. I've enjoyed the last six months and I'm faster and more flexible and better, so I don't regret or begrudge what I've been doing as ' a season' in my taekwondo training

However, in my mind and focus, taekwondo is an art for combat, meaning in today's day, a means of self-defense. I miss that. I miss working defenses and counterstrikes against attacks, I miss using elbows and knifehands and ridgehands and takedowns and...*all* the art and method of taekwondo in a more serious context then just tournament sparring.

So that's what I'm looking for in a dojang...I'm praying I can find one

Oh, and I have four of my children in Taekwondo as well, so a place that offers group rates would be helpful :)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck in the move, FF! I think Terry gave you a good school to look at, so good luck in looking into schools as well!

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
I lived there for three years when I was younger (my dad was an instructor at the AF Academy). Beatuiful place. I've driven through there on occasion; living in Albuquerque and doing some shows in Denver and such.

The thing about the Taekwondo is that I'm looking for something a little different. My first school was pretty self-defens oriented. Where I currently train ; the technique is more focused on sparring technques. I've enjoyed the last six months and I'm faster and more flexible and better, so I don't regret or begrudge what I've been doing as ' a season' in my taekwondo training

However, in my mind and focus, taekwondo is an art for combat, meaning in today's day, a means of self-defense. I miss that. I miss working defenses and counterstrikes against attacks, I miss using elbows and knifehands and ridgehands and takedowns and...*all* the art and method of taekwondo in a more serious context then just tournament sparring.

So that's what I'm looking for in a dojang...I'm praying I can find one

Oh, and I have four of my children in Taekwondo as well, so a place that offers group rates would be helpful :)

Please when you get there look into the one I gave you they have family rates and work on SD alot, atleast give them a try.

Terry
U.S. Taekwondo Academy, Inc.
7657 Union Blvd.Colorado SpringsBarb Kunkel719 260 4700

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish you the best in your move, Freep. You & your family will certainly appreciate the air quality:)

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Heading out tonight after work. See you all here in a few days

Arnisador, I'll be in Albuquerque pretty regularly over the next few months at least; we'll get together for something : )

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Arnisador, I'll be in Albuquerque pretty regularly over the next few months at least; we'll get together for something

Excellent! If we can't practice, we can at least eat. :D I'm here through 9 June (roughly).

Latest Discussions