Mouthguards

Tlaloc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oi, mouthguards...

I try to use a mouthguard whenever I spar, but I've noticed that it really effects my breathing and distracts me, and my concentration goes does down and so does my reaction for everything that happens. The few times I went into a fight forgetting to wear my mouthguard, I felt way better.

I've been doing tsd for about a year and already I have taken at least 3 or 4 good blows to the bottom jaw, mouth, and/or neck (getting kicked in the neck is a little scary, take it from me...). I am 95% sure that I was wearing my mouthguard all of those times. The blows usually made my jaw to close tightly, biting my toungue rather hard, but when I think about it, if I wasn't wearing a mouthguard for all of those times, I kind of doubt I'd be sitting here with all the teeth in my mouth that I have currently...

Yes, they're a pain in the ***. I hate putting the damn thing in my mouth every time, but everytime I walk away from one of those mouth/jaw contact incidents, I sort of think to myself: it's probably a pretty good thing that I was wearing my mouthpiece!

MetalStorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Really? Wow. I will have to check that out. Wonder if it is the same for Canada.

The titan 120 mouth guards offer something like that and they are made in canada and the US, not sure how much they offer and what all of the process and stipulations are, etc.

Latest Discussions