motivation

mcantele

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently posted regarding my upcoming promotion. Well, I was successful. Thanks for all the support. As I mentioned before, I am fighting a case of Achilles Tendonitis. Ouch. It was not an issue in my test, but, following my test I was lucky enough to observe a Black Belt test. The person testing clearly had a foot issue, It appeared for a minute the test might have been stopped. But he fought the pain and completed all portions of his test. During the congradulatory segment of the procedings I shook his hand. I must say that the smiles on both our faces were worth the price of admission. That was about the most motivating thing I have seen since I began as a student. Its amazing what a smile can do. He worked with his pain and I will work with mine. Mike

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Remeber that pain is around for a reason and continue to weigh the risk of injury to the dedication to the art. I hope you continue as you wish but the achilles...uhg...worst one to break if you ever break a tendon. Please be careful and listen to your body. Good Luck.

OP
M

mcantele

White Belt
Reaction score
Em, your advise is welcome. Thank You. And, this achilles issue is all to real to me. Hopefully for me, my realization of the seriousness of it, will allow me to work around the problem and benefit from all I can do. For instance, I am probably the least jumping TKD practitioner around. It is frustrating, but doable for me. I still am able to benefit from the Form work, drills and sparring, while avoiding the jumping kicks. The benefits outweigh the negative potential, as long as I learn control within my limits. Thanks again.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Gratz on your promotion! Your hard work and dedication paid off.

You should have someone look at your achilles tendon. After the treatment also ask which exercises you can do and which ones to avoid.

Hope you heal soon.

Cheers.