Motivation time :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
non he is to old

So he can still be a competent martial artist and too old to compete at an elite level.

images

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
your back obsessing' about the nfl, no one was discussing the average length of a career in the NFL, why do you think the information was in anyway illuminating

the topic under discussion was at what age are you to old to complete, go on explain how your stats in anyway relate to that topic

First explain how you're able to have an intelligent conversation, then I'll consider it. No one's going to be able to "illuminate" you.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But somone still lets him keep his black belt or equivilent.
it seems no matter how old you get, you get to keep your black belt, but then they let you keep an olympic gold medal into old age as well. It's an indication of how good you used to be

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
it seems no matter how old you get, you get to keep your black belt, but then they let you keep an olympic gold medal into old age as well. It's an indication of how good you used to be

Exept he is a practicing martial artist. Vs a non practicing Olympian.

He is still progressing in his martial art even though he may be past his prime

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Exept he is a practicing martial artist. Vs a non practicing Olympian.

He is still progressing in his martial art even though he may be past his prime
how do you know of he is progressing or regressing

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, it's the instructors fault, because instructors never explain that to students :banghead:
You would be surprised how many don't. They emphasize "Black Belt is your goal" and then wonder why people quit at 1st Degree. I tell them from day one (literally) that Black Belt is *a* goal, and I use the graduating from high school analogy.

Latest Discussions