Most painful blow

maressa

White Belt
Reaction score
The most painful I ever received was a kidney shot. It felt like my back exploded, dropped me like a stone. What was your most painful blow?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most painful strike, no idea. Most painful blow was when I was about 13, was a goalie for my friends. One of them was practicing his shots and from less than 10 feet away, hit a slap shot straight to my nuts. As I keeled over, I accidentally knocked the puck away from the goal so all was well :D

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hard to say. Rib shot either bruised or fractured a floating rib, it hurt when I coughed or laughed for about a month. That was light sparring at another dojo.

In a tournament, I blocked a front snap kick improperly with an open hand and paid for it with a badly jammed hand that hurt for several months. The worst part of that was driving 5 hours back to my house with one hand cradled in my lap because I could not grip the steering wheel with it. I may have uttered the longest continuing curse word ever known to man on that trip.

Those are the most memorable. I've had tons of other injuries during MA training. Mostly temporarily painful, some longer-lasting.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Most painful blow was being struck by a van going 65 mph, it nearly killed me (24 rib fractures, sternum fracture, collapsed lung, rib punctured my spleen, pneumomediastinum, subcutaneous emphysema, lacerated left kidney, severe concussion to Broka's area, full thickness laceration to the left temporalis)

Most painful strike? I agree kidney shots suck! peed blood due to a kidney shot once, really not fun.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liver shots are worse than kidney ones, trust me. :arghh:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You guys make me feel fortunate to not have experienced any of that. I've taken good shots before but not to the liver or kidneys. Mine is probably when I blocked a front kick the wrong way with my forearm. Either that or the broken finger I had last year.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
the most painful blow i received was when i was told by my ex-girlfriend that my friend/boss/father figure/mentor had passed away 1/2 hour after i visited him in the hospital. nothing hits harder than life, the most strike i have ever had was definitely a kidney strike, instantly dropped me straight to the ground. i remember watching my favorite boxer Julio Cesar Chavez win fights by a combo hit to the kidneys and then to the head for a knock out.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most painful blow by far is the liver. I'd rather take a shot to the groin than a liver shot. Have broken several bones. Ribs are the worse. Not so much from the rib/s being broken but all the additional pain when moving the torso, heavy breathing, sneezing, coughing, laughing. Everything you do hurts but that liver shot is the worse. It makes your legs crumble, breathing is worse than having a broken rib and you thing you are going to die.

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
my most painful blow was a side kick to the ribs during my black belt test. cracked two ribs. Had my nose broke at nationals once. It hurt more when my wife set it back into place.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
most painful blow in TKD..? Has to be a tie between taking a side kick in the throat,
a roundhouse in the eye or getting kicked so hard in the chest, it knocked the wind out of me..

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I pretty much block out the pain during sparing so it is usually worse a bit later lol.
Top painful hit was probably a kick to the jaw. I was eating soup for a weak after because chewing was impossible. No damage to the teeth tho.
Number two would be a heavy guy who dropped himself on me, pulling a muscle in my back. That time I did scream :D

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stomp to the lower leg breaking my Tibia and Fibula then waiting 6 hours in the hospital with my foot at an unnatural 90 degree angle waiting for morphine.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Stomp to the lower leg breaking my Tibia and Fibula then waiting 6 hours in the hospital with my foot at an unnatural 90 degree angle waiting for morphine.
you actually waited 6 hours for a painkiller with such an obvious break? you need to move to an area with a better hospital!

McBryde Mats

White Belt
Reaction score
Direct punch from my sifu to my sternum in class sparring... heard my ribs crack, the senior sparring with his partner next to us even turned around and said 'ooohhh...what was that?'.... didnt feel right for months after

Latest Discussions