kidney stones

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I have kidney stones. Since some days back I am having some kind of pain in the blader, it's something like a fire inside it, I tought it was some kind of infection or cistitis but tonight a nasty pain kick in my right back, OMG it was like if some one stabed me in the back with a red hot styletto, only a shot of dolac could ease the pain, right now the doctor order me Firac Plus shots every 8 hours, panclasa caps every 8 hours and azo-wintolmylon pills every 8 hours.

In my family we have this kind of problems, my grandpa had it, my dad and uncles had it, my dad this year had one episode of this but I never in my life had one till now.

I fell like my blader is on fire and want to explode but can't pee, just small drops or a very vage stream but I am very worriy because I want to pee or feel I want to pee but can't.

Don't know how much this pain will continue and I am very worry.

Manny

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of you problems my friend. I cannot say that I feel you pain because I have never had that. But the good news is that it will pass. If the stones are to large to pass then you may need to have them broken up. They can do ultrasound to do this. The passing will still be very painful but hang in there my friend.

I have also heard that folic acid helps with kidney stones, so try to eat or drink foods high in folic acid.

Again sorry for you pain.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I know exactly what you are going through. If your getting the drugs needed, it won't last much longer, though passing the stones will not be pleasant. Cranberry juice will also help with the pain a little. I don't remember the reasons, but there is some science behind it.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
May you have a speedy recovery Manny.

Can you guess which one is kidney stone and which one is nut cluster.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
May you have a speedy recovery Manny.

Can you guess which one is kidney stone and which one is nut cluster.

thanks for the visual!

Get it taken care of.
I used to think kidney stones are no big deal until a friend of mine experienced kidney failure following a bout with stones.
She was living on as she put it 'borrowed time' until she thankfully received a transplant organ. blessed be the organ donors.

I know that is not typical, but it scared the hell out of me for sure!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a hell's night, I barely sleep for two hours, and thanks to the medication the pain is not so high but it's very unconfrotable, it feels like on'e been stabed with an ice pick, also all night I went to pee but just a minimal strem was what I got, almost every 10 minutes got to bathroom and not to much to pee but the red hot sensation on my uretal was very unpleasant. The only mela I have yestarday it's a bowl of soup and offcourse lots of wather.

This evening I felt a little ichy in my uretal tube and ran to the bathroom and just sand not stones but latther I drop one stone the size of a small grain of rice, since then the sphasmodic pain on the kidney is none and I hope this tyhing is just end. My butt has to pay (injections) a nasty price, every 8 hours a shot and so on.

Manny

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wisdom is great with hind sight, but drinking plenty of water, especially when it's hot or you're exercising helps prevent the kidney stones forming.

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I know exactly what you are going through. If your getting the drugs needed, it won't last much longer, though passing the stones will not be pleasant. Cranberry juice will also help with the pain a little. I don't remember the reasons, but there is some science behind it.

Hello all! I have been reading posts for awhile now, but had to chime in on this most painful subject. I have had many bouts with stones over the last 6-7 yrs. and found through numerous procedures that my body naturally produces too much calcium in my urine. Iwas getting stones every 3-6 weeks, had tubes inserted thru my back to aleviate the buildup of urine and many other things done to me too horrible to mention. It wasn't until a fellow TKD student, who worked for the kidney foundation suggested lemon juice or frozen concentrate, that I have been stone free for almost 2 yrs. now. I was amazed, but the proof is in the pudding. Keep in mind there are 2 major types of stone, calicium( most common) and the other kind escapes me at the moment. Foods high in oxylates aggrevate formation of stones, and cranberry juice being one of them. Manny, message me and I can discuss this in further detail if you wish.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the years, I've told many men that passing a kidney stone is as close as they'll ever come to experiencing child birth. Congratulations on passing yours.

One case that I will always remember... a man passed a 9mm stone while in the ER. Yes, 9 MM.... same size as the popular handgun.

About the only real thing you can do to prevent another stone is to make sure you stay well hydrated. Chronic mild dehydration is the single most common controlable risk factor for kidney stones. Stay away from caffeine and alcohol, and if you do use either, make sure you drink a ton of water. Flush the stone out while it's too small to hurt.

Latest Discussions