More kung fu in the news

OP
N

nathan_sau

:soapbox:
there is always a few that should not have the knowledge and ruin for the rest of us...

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
True, but unfortunately nobody's perfect. Any group will have some rotten eggs in it. What's sad is that the tiny minority of bad people get tons more publicity than the huge majority of good people. Unfortunately, that's how things go. Do something bad, everyone hears about it, do something good, it goes virtually unnoticed. Everyone needs to remember that any time you hear something bad about a group, that's a tiny minority of the people in the group. Many, many people are not like that at all.

OP
F

fist of fury

what I'm wondering is if they used martial arts at all. Or did the media just say that because they were chinese and fought back. I know it's hard to believe that the media might "alter" the truth a little.;)

OP
T

tonbo

I agree with Fist of Fury: did they REALLY use kung fu, or were they just throwing kicks and punches? Were they actually provoked, or did they just snap and start filling the place full of uppercuts?

Sounds like there is more to this than was in the article.

Also, it is worth noting that, if you ever get in a fight as a martial artist, no matter what the circumstances, and it gets reported in the media, it will be brought out that you are a martial artist. For some reason, that seems to be a necessary evil from the media standpoint, don't ask me why.

Peace--

OP
T

tonbo

That is sooooo true.

Heaven help my brother, if anyone ever crosses his path the wrong way.....he's an army Ranger (Sgt) and also a Kenpo practitioner.

And a damn fine shot, too.

Anything ever happens with him, he will really make a story, huh? :eek:

Peace--

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador

Similarly if you've ever been in the service, especially the Marines or Army.

You should see the news here in Japan... If you fart on the street, the fact of your military service must somehow be to blame...

Humorously enough, however, in contrast when Japanese civilians do the same things, break the same laws, it either gets a 12th page, bottom corner 3 line write up, or is hushed up completely...

Go figure.

:samurai: :tank:

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If I was a psycho martial artist that was skilled enough to beable to teach other people and I went to prison.

I would teach my other inmate friends my matial art and try to take over the prison.

This is just me though lol, I always think it movies they make the best martial arist a bad guy.

Do you guys think that the more aggressive and rough martial artists are better fighters?

Latest Discussions