more from the religion of......zombies

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
"That's just their culture. No better or worse than ours. Just different..."

What is it with religious nuts and setting women on fire?

Though to be fair...

"Local authorities report that several family members gathered to celebrate when J. Smith, age 2 weeks, had the tip of his penis cut off by a local religious leader"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I am sure Sigmund Freud would have had an asnwer....

Though to be fair...

"Local authorities report that several family members gathered to celebrate when J. Smith, age 2 weeks, had the tip of his penis cut off by a local religious leader"

I sure hope you are talking about the skin, not the tip!
(Which is done routinely for non religious reasons in the south, go figure...)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Though to be fair...

Awe schmucks.
Sean

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes of course. It's culture. Let's not be offensive now.

Though to be fair...

Gahhh!!!!

What a stupid procedure. I'm embarrassed I had this done to my son. Ignorance.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score

In fairness to you and others, it seems like every six to eight years the medical community changes consensus on this one. Probably not ignorance if you made the choice based on what you believed to be true at the time.

However, I do get a mite twitchy about making this decision because the Bible (or other similar book) "tells you so." Or worse, because somebody else told you the Bible told him so....

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes of course. It's culture. Let's not be offensive now.

Gahhh!!!!

There were problems with the human condition before they invented the shower and bar soap. Some traditions become mandatory after a few thousand years.
Sean

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fairness to you and others, it seems like every six to eight years the medical community changes consensus on this one. ....

There's pretty convincing data out there that shows that circumcision reduces the chances of men being infected with HIV by a very large percentage. I'll look around for it...

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
There's pretty convincing data out there that shows that circumcision reduces the chances of men being infected with HIV by a very large percentage. I'll look around for it...

I'm gonna start looking right now!!! To redeem myself. lolz

I think I had it done because I thought that it was a medical procedure for a reason. Like believing a penny will kill you if it's dropped from a skyscraper. Like an urban myth. Just a common belief many people have.

And if there is no real scientific data that backs the procedure, and many people have it done anyways, that definitely qualifies as IGNORANCE.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm gonna start looking right now!!! To redeem myself. lolz

I think I had it done because I thought that it was a medical procedure for a reason. Like believing a penny will kill you if it's dropped from a skyscraper. Like an urban myth. Just a common belief many people have.

And if there is no real scientific data that backs the procedure, and many people have it done anyways, that definitely qualifies as IGNORANCE.
Even in a modern society with modern conveniences, we can't always guarantee our selves access to running water. It is safer overall to be circumcised.
Sean

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score

Gotta disagree. I'm old enough to remember when my youngest brother was born, and my parents considered the existing evidence before making a decision.

When my nephew was born in 2010, my brother and sister in law considered the existing evidence before making their decision.

When my boy was born last year, my wife and I considered the existing evidence.

There's lots of data on both sides of the equation -- and consensus swings as new data comes to light. That's sort of the opposite of ignorance.

What is IGNORANT is that, at the end of the day people seem to make the decision because either a) the Bible says to, or b) they can't stand the idea of cutting off a bit of a baby's pecker, even if it's medically sound

Latest Discussions